Amsterdam is a vibrant city with a population of over 872,000 people. It is a great place to start a business or expand an existing one. To be successful in Amsterdam, businesses need to advertise their products and services effectively. Partnering with an advertising agency like Advertisemint can help businesses reach their target audience and grow their business.
Best ways to advertise in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is a vibrant city, and your business will need a marketing strategy to break through the noise. Amsterdam residents are bombarded with daily social media ads, search ads, billboards, TV ads, and radio ads. It’s essential that your advertising dollars are being spent efficiently. Here are some of the most popular Amsterdam advertising options for businesses.
Amsterdam Paid Social Advertising
Paid social allows Amsterdam businesses to reach consumers directly in their area. This is done by geo-targeted ads targeting a specific zip code or a one-mile radius around a single point. Advertisers can also target aspects like interests, behaviors, or custom audiences of their customers, prospects, or visitors. You can learn more about each of the following types of advertising below:
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Twitter / X Ads
Amsterdam Paid Search Advertising
Paid search allows Amsterdam businesses to reach consumers searching for their products or services on Google or Bing within a specific geographic area. These ads allow your business to appear on top of Google searches or Google Maps. This ensures customers find your business first before they find your competitors.
- Google Ads
- Microsoft Ads
Amsterdam Local Advertising
There are countless options for reaching consumers located in the Amsterdam area. Each advertising option brings opportunities, challenges, and the need to monitor for a positive return on ad spend for the business. If you want to help to grow your business with local Amsterdam ads, please contact Advertisemint. You can learn more about local Amsterdam advertising options here:
- Yelp Ads
- Nextdoor Ads
- iHeartRadio Ads
- Spotify Ads
- Pandora Ads
- Local Cable Ads
- Billboard Advertising
- Amsterdam Metro Advertising
- Direct Mail
“Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth, it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin.” – John Green, author of The Fault in Our Stars
How to Advertise with Amsterdam Sport Teams?
From football to cycling, Amsterdam provides businesses a prime opportunity to connect with a diverse and passionate audience, not only during competitions but all year long. If you’re keen on delving into advertising collaborations with Amsterdam’s sports entities, reach out to Advertisemint today. Learn about potential partnerships with teams like AFC Ajax, the city’s top marathon events, or the vibrant cycling community.
- AFC Ajax – As one of the most successful football clubs in the Netherlands and Europe, AFC Ajax has a rich history that dates back to 1900. The team plays its home matches at the Johan Cruijff Arena. Ajax has secured numerous Eredivisie titles and has been victorious in the UEFA Champions League multiple times.
Ajax on Instagram | Ajax on YouTube | Ajax on TikTok
- Amsterdam H&BC – This field hockey club, often referred to as AH&BC or simply Amsterdam, is one of the top hockey clubs in the Netherlands. Established in 1872, the club’s impressive track record includes numerous national championships.
H&BC on Instagram
- Amstel Tijgers – Established in 1963, the Amstel Tijgers is Amsterdam’s premier ice hockey team. The team competes at the Jaap Eden ice rink and has bagged various national championships in its history.
- Amsterdam Sevens – An annual rugby union sevens tournament held in Amsterdam. Though it’s an event rather than a team, the Amsterdam Sevens attracts top rugby teams from around the world, making it a significant sporting spectacle in the city. Sevens on Instagram
- US Amsterdam – This is Amsterdam’s prominent volleyball team, known for its competitive spirit and participation in the top tiers of Dutch volleyball. The team has clinched several championships over the years, solidifying its status in the sport. US Amsterdam on Instagram
How to Advertise to Amsterdam Universities, Colleges & Schools?
If your business has customers between 13 and 30, you should look at advertising options for Amsterdam students. This youth-focused segment is rapidly changing regarding which social media platforms they use, how they access information, and the technology they utilize daily. Generally, a mobile-first demo, reaching a demo requires a fluid strategy with both content and ads that resonate with the audience. If you want to advertise to students in the Amsterdam area, please contact Advertisemint to discuss the best advertising and marketing options for higher education. The following are some of the most popular schools in Amsterdam:
- University of Amsterdam (UvA) – Founded in 1632, the University of Amsterdam is one of Europe’s most prominent research universities. With a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, UvA stands out for its rich history and commitment to academic excellence.
UvA on Instagram | UvA on YouTube
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) – Established in 1880, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers a diverse array of courses and is renowned for its interdisciplinary research. The university, rooted in Christian values, emphasizes community, diversity, and social responsibility.
VU on Instagram | VU on YouTube
- Amsterdam University of the Arts (AHK) – This institution encompasses a range of arts disciplines, from dance and theatre to film and architecture. AHK fosters creativity and innovation, preparing students for a dynamic career in the arts.
AHK on Instagram
- Amsterdam Fashion Institute (AMFI) – Part of the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, AMFI is one of the top fashion schools in the Netherlands. Students at AMFI are groomed for careers in fashion and design, with a curriculum that emphasizes innovation and sustainability.
- Conservatorium van Amsterdam – This prestigious institution is the largest music conservatory in the Netherlands. Part of the Amsterdam University of the Arts, it offers high-level training in classical music, jazz, and pop.
Conservatorium van Amsterdam on Instagram | Conservatorium van Amsterdam on YouTube
- The Amsterdam Academy of Architecture – As a part of the Amsterdam University of the Arts, this college offers programs in architecture, urban design, and landscape architecture. It is known for its practical approach, integrating theory with real-world design challenges.
The Amsterdam Academy of Architecture on Instagram
Amsterdam High Schools
- Barlaeus Gymnasium – Founded in 1885, this school is one of the renowned “gymnasia” in Amsterdam. It offers a classical education with Latin and Ancient Greek playing a central role, fostering a deep understanding of European cultural history among students.
- Montessori Lyceum Amsterdam – As a part of the Montessori School Association, this high school follows the Montessori philosophy of self-directed learning. The school places a strong emphasis on individual development and critical thinking skills.
- Hyperion Lyceum – Located in Amsterdam North, Hyperion Lyceum is a modern school that offers both atheneum and gymnasium tracks. The school is known for its innovative curriculum and diverse learning environment.
Hyperion Lyceum on Instagram
How to advertise on Amsterdam metro and public transportation?
Amsterdam is a city with canals, bikes, trams, and boats, helping people get around every day. Many people use the city’s trams, buses, and metro lines run by GVB, Amsterdam’s public transport company. Bikes are everywhere, and lots of tourists and locals also travel by boats in the canals. If you want to put ads in Amsterdam, think about using tram ads, bus billboards, or even bike-sharing platforms. Our team at Advertisemint can help you figure out the best way to show your ads in Amsterdam. Let’s work together and make your business stand out in this busy city.
How to advertise on the radio in Amsterdam?
Amsterdam has a diverse audience that listens to popular radio stations like NPO Radio 2, Radio 538, Qmusic, and SLAM!FM. Whether cycling along the picturesque canals, enjoying a coffee at a local café, or unwinding at home, Amsterdammers have a plethora of news, talk shows, and musical genres at their disposal. Advertising on Amsterdam radio presents a prime avenue for businesses to resonate with the city’s residents in a personal listening environment. Customize your advertisements to cater to specific stations, musical genres, or broadcasting slots. Furthermore, with the rising popularity of digital platforms like Spotify in the Netherlands, businesses have the advantage of tailoring their ads based on precise demographics, musical preferences, and more. If you’re looking to strengthen your brand presence in the Amsterdam market through radio advertising, our team at Advertisemint is here to guide you. Together, we can devise a radio advertising campaign that truly connects with the Amsterdam audience.
How much does billboard advertising cost in Amsterdam?
As you wander through the city, whether on Damrak, Prinsengracht, Keizersgracht, or cycling along the numerous picturesque canals, one noticeable sight in Amsterdam is the variety of outdoor advertisements, especially billboards. Leading networks such as JCDecaux, Exterion Media, and Clear Channel manage many of these advertising spaces. In Amsterdam, the average price for billboard advertising ranges between €1,500 to €12,000 per month, with costs heavily influenced by the site’s prominence and footfall. It’s not uncommon for advertising networks to provide last-minute spaces at discounted prices, particularly if advertisers are open-minded regarding the billboard’s exact placement and duration. If you’re contemplating billboard advertising in the Amsterdam area, our team at Advertisemint stands ready to support. We’re here to help you design an efficient strategy, identify the best locations, and guarantee that your advertising endeavors deliver a commendable return on investment.
What are the most popular restaurants in Amsterdam?
Amsterdam, often referred to as ‘The Venice of the North,’ is renowned not just for its intricate canal system but also for its rich culinary tapestry. From traditional Dutch pancakes and herring to global gourmet dining, local brown cafes, and avant-garde fusion eateries, Amsterdam tantalizes every palate. Designing the right advertisement for Amsterdam’s diverse dining scene demands a nuanced approach, considering both the city’s cosmopolitan residents and the steady stream of international tourists. Effective restaurant promotion here combines ambiance, cuisine, strategic pricing, and the leverage of digital buzz, especially on platforms like Instagram, review portals like TripAdvisor, and community platforms such as IAmsterdam. If you’re passionate about amplifying your restaurant’s footprint in Amsterdam, consider teaming up with Advertisemint.
Let our experts guide your culinary venture in this historic city.Here are some top-notch dining spots in Toronto for reference:
- De Librije’s Zusje Amsterdam – Located in the opulent Waldorf Astoria, this restaurant holds two Michelin stars and is famed for its innovative, world-class dining experience. Guests can expect a mix of traditional Dutch and international flavors presented in an artistic manner.
- Vinkeles – Situated in the Dylan Hotel, Vinkeles holds one Michelin star and offers a blend of classic and contemporary French cuisine. The restaurant itself is set in a sunken dining room that was an 18th-century bakery, offering both historical charm and modern luxury.
- Ciel Bleu – Located on the 23rd floor of Hotel Okura, Ciel Bleu boasts two Michelin stars and panoramic views of the city. It’s famous for its innovative approach to French cuisine, using the best local and international ingredients.
- Zaza’s – A charming, intimate restaurant that offers a fusion of French, Mediterranean, and Asian cuisine. Zaza’s is often recommended for its cozy atmosphere, exquisite food presentation, and fine wine selection.
- The Seafood Bar – As the name suggests, this restaurant specializes in seafood. Offering a casual, laid-back atmosphere, The Seafood Bar serves sustainably-sourced fish and shellfish dishes, making it a popular choice for seafood lovers.
- The Duchess – This restaurant serves classic French cuisine in a cozy setting. It is located in the Jordaan neighborhood and is known for its intimate atmosphere and friendly service. The menu features classic French dishes, such as steak frites and coq au vin.
- The Pancake Bakery – This restaurant serves a variety of pancakes, both sweet and savory. It is located in the city center and is a popular spot for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The pancakes are made with fresh, local ingredients and are cooked to order.
- FEBO – This fast food chain is known for its snacks, such as frites, kroketten (croquettes), and frikandellen (deep-fried sausages). It is located all over Amsterdam and is a popular spot for a quick bite to eat.
Top 10 things to do when you visit Amsterdam
Amsterdam, often hailed as “The Venice of the North,” draws countless travelers with its iconic canals, rich history, and vibrant cultural scene. Marketing that caters to this influx of visitors is paramount, encompassing museums, lodging, restaurants, canal cruises, and beyond. Local enterprises stand to reap substantial rewards by devising strategies specifically aimed at tourists. Multiple digital ad platforms enable targeting of individuals in a specific locale who aren’t locals, accessing this continually renewed pool of visitors.
For guidance on canal cruise promotions, boutique hotel advertising, or bike rental ads in Amsterdam, consider reaching out to Advertisemint. For those planning a trip, here’s a concise guide on the essential experiences awaiting you in Amsterdam:
- Van Gogh Museum – Explore the captivating world of the acclaimed artist Vincent van Gogh at this museum. It features a vast collection of his works, comprising over 200 paintings and 500 drawings, providing a comprehensive understanding of his life and artistic progression.
- Anne Frank House – Experience the poignant history of Anne Frank, the young Jewish girl who wrote a diary during World War II. The museum is the actual house where Anne and her family hid, providing a moving and authentic experience.
- Rijksmuseum – This national museum displays an extensive collection of art and historical artifacts. It includes masterpieces from renowned artists such as Rembrandt and Vermeer.
- Canal Cruises – Experience Amsterdam’s iconic canals through a leisurely cruise. These guided tours offer a unique perspective of the city’s history and architecture.
- Heineken Experience – Dive into the history of one of the world’s most famous breweries. This interactive experience guides you through the brewing process, followed by a refreshing tasting session.
- Jordaan District – Wander through this picturesque and historic neighborhood, renowned for its narrow alleys, artistic vibe, and trendy cafes. It’s a perfect place to explore local shops and savor authentic Dutch delicacies.
- Bloemenmarkt – Visit the world’s only floating flower market, with colorful stalls set upon houseboats, offering tulips, souvenirs, and other floral delights.
- Royal Palace Amsterdam – Situated at Dam Square, this palace offers a glimpse into Dutch royal history and is still in use by the Royal House today.
- Vondelpark – This vast urban park provides a relaxing escape, ideal for picnicking, cycling, or just lounging. It also hosts various concerts and performances during summer.
- Albert Cuyp Market – Experience the vibrant local culture at the city’s most famous street market. Here, you can find everything from fresh produce and fish to vintage clothing and accessories.
The list gives you a taste of Amsterdam’s multifaceted allure. Whether it’s the thrill of roller coasters, nature’s serenity, or space’s magic, Amsterdam promises something for everyone.
Popular social media accounts in Amsterdam you need to follow
Engaging socially can be a game-changer in creating meaningful connections. Paid social ads seamlessly weave your business into the content-rich tapestry that users are engrossed in. Here’s a compilation of prominent Amsterdam-based social media handles that you’d want to keep tabs on to remain updated on all things Amsterdam:
- Iamsterdam – This is the official account of Amsterdam’s tourism & marketing organization. The feed is filled with picturesque shots of the city, highlighting its rich culture, history, and modern-day attractions.
- Amsterdam Museum – Providing a visual journey through Amsterdam’s past and present, this account showcases artifacts, paintings, and stories that form the city’s vibrant history.
- Rijksmuseum – One of the world’s most famous museums, the Rijksmuseum’s Twitter feed offers a glimpse into their vast collection, including works by Dutch masters like Rembrandt and Vermeer.
- AT5 – AT5 is Amsterdam’s local news outlet, providing up-to-date reports on happenings around the city, from cultural events to breaking news.
Everything you need to know about Amsterdam Real Estate advertising.
With thousands of real estate agents in the Amsterdam area, there is constant need for real estate brokers and agents to get their properties in front of the right homebuyers. There are lots of options from targeted paid social and paid search ads, along with local options like Yelp, Google and Nextdoor and then options like direct mail or local cable ads. There are also digital options for real estate such as Realtor Connections, Zillow Real Estate Agency Advertising and the Trulia Real Estate Ad Network. Commercial real estate brokers are now using paid social to promote videos of their properties using LinkedIn ads to reach a B2B audience. Please note that many of the ad platforms have rules and limitations regarding the targeting of individuals while promoting real estate ads based on age, gender, ethnicity and location. The team at AdvertiseMint is happy to help you work through your options and can help you ensure you are generating leads for both home sellers and home buyers.
For more detailed information on real estate advertising in Amsterdam, please contact Advertisemint. Here are some of the neighborhoods you need to know about when advertising in Amsterdam.
- Centrum Real Estate Advertising – Amsterdam’s historic center, Centrum is brimming with iconic sites like Dam Square, the Royal Palace, and the famous Red Light District. This area is a hub for tourism, nightlife, and shopping.
- Jordaan Real Estate Advertising – Once a working-class district, Jordaan is now one of the most upscale areas of Amsterdam, filled with art studios, boutiques, and chic eateries. The Anne Frank House is also located here, near the Westerkerk.
- De Pijp Real Estate Advertising – Known for the bustling Albert Cuyp Market, De Pijp is a vibrant neighborhood with a bohemian vibe. It’s a melting pot of cultures and offers a plethora of dining options, bars, and boutiques.
- Oud-West Real Estate Advertising- A trendy and dynamic neighborhood, Oud-West is home to the Ten Kate Market and the Foodhallen. It is known for its diverse food offerings, vintage shops, and a mix of old and contemporary architecture.
- Oost Real Estate Advertising- Amsterdam Oost (East) combines diverse cultures, beautiful parks like Oosterpark, and water bodies like the IJ river. It offers a blend of architectural styles, shopping venues, and local eateries.
- Noord Real Estate Advertising- Located north of the IJ river, Noord offers a combination of post-industrial landscapes mixed with modern architecture, green pastures, and quaint villages. The EYE Film Museum and the A’DAM Tower are popular spots here.
- Westerpark Real Estate Advertising- Named after the city park of the same name, Westerpark neighborhood offers a green respite combined with cultural activities. The Westergasfabriek, a former gasworks factory, now hosts various events and festivals.
- Zuid Real Estate Advertising- One of the more affluent neighborhoods, Zuid boasts impressive art museums like the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum. The area is also home to Vondelpark, Amsterdam’s largest city park.
- Nieuw-West Real Estate Advertising- A predominantly residential area, Nieuw-West has been transformed in recent years, offering modern housing, parks like Sloterpark, and shopping centers.
- Oud-Zuid Real Estate Advertising- Oud-Zuid is a posh and tranquil neighborhood known for its grand avenues, art museums, and high-end shopping streets like P.C. Hooftstraat.
Complete guide to annual events in Amsterdam
When contemplating advertising for events in Amsterdam, be it music festivals, the renowned King’s Day celebrations, marathons, or cultural events, one must be attuned to the city’s unique event dynamics. Initiating a promotional campaign in Amsterdam usually requires a lead time of several months, factoring in the event’s scope and the anticipated crowd. For a thorough understanding of event marketing or to explore potential sponsorship ventures in the city, consider connecting with a local agency. Their specialized team would ensure a streamlined and effective approach tailored to Amsterdam’s vibrant audience.
- King’s Day (Koningsdag) – 27th April – This national holiday celebrates King Willem-Alexander’s birthday. The city turns into a massive street market and party, with residents and visitors alike dressed in orange.
- Amsterdam Light Festival – Late November – Mid January – The city becomes a canvas for international artists, with light installations illuminating canals and historic buildings.
- Grachtenfestival – August – A classical music festival focusing on young talents, with performances set against the backdrop of Amsterdam’s canals.
- International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (IDFA) – November -The world’s largest documentary film festival, IDFA showcases contemporary non-fiction cinema.
- Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE) – October – The biggest club festival for electronic music in the world, ADE attracts top international DJs and electronic music enthusiasts.
- Amsterdam Gay Pride – Late July – Early August – A celebration of the LGBTQ+ community, highlighted by the Canal Parade, where decorated boats parade through the city’s canals.
- Uitmarkt – Late August -Marking the opening of the cultural season, it features hundreds of performances across various venues.
- Tulip Festival – April – Celebrating the famous Dutch tulip, various locations in the city showcase beautiful tulip gardens.
- Amsterdam Marathon – October – A major marathon event, the route offers a scenic tour of the city, starting and finishing at the Olympic Stadium.
- Holland Festival – June -The country’s largest performing arts festival, it presents a mix of music, theatre, dance, and visual arts.
How to advertise a professional service business in Amsterdam?
There are so many professional service providers in Amsterdam that it can become crowded and difficult for many consumers to find your business. If you are a lawyer, doctor, dentist, contractor, accountant, or work in childcare, food services, event planning, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, roofing, HVAC, waste removal, or security services – then you need to be advertising your services. You must ensure you have local pages created on Google Local and Yelp and paid ads to ensure customers see your business first. You should also run paid search and social ads so individuals can visually see and experience your business’s services in Amsterdam. If you need help advertising your service-based business in Amsterdam, please contact Advertisemint and speak with one of our advertising experts.
Amsterdam government advertising
Countless municipal and government departments often have highly specific advertising needs in the Amsterdam area. If you are an Amsterdam politician running for office or work in an Amsterdam-based government division and need assistance with setting up marketing campaigns, advertising campaigns, or any creative elements like videos, photography, or graphic design, AdvertiseMint can help you build a strategy, accommodate any government regulations, place the media and report back on the KPIs required for success and return on investment. For reference, here are a few of the top government resources for Amsterdam.
- Mayor and Alderpersons (Burgemeester en Wethouders)
- City Clerk’s Office (Gemeente Loket)
- Public Health Service (GGD Amsterdam)
- Education, Youth and Sport
- City Districts (Stadsdelen)
- Housing and Urban Planning (Wonen en Bouwen)
- Economic Affairs
- Transport and Traffic (Vervoer en Verkeer)
- Public Spaces (Openbare Ruimte)
- Environmental and Building Department (Omgevingsdienst)
- Municipal Council
- Civil Affairs
- Public Order and Safety
What is the Best Amsterdam Ad Agency?
We believe AdvertiseMint is the best Amsterdam advertising agency. AdvertiseMint brings a full team of advertising experts, including account managers, media buyers, copywriters, and creative experts in video production, editing, photography, graphic design, and data analysis to ensure our metrics are met. We would love the opportunity to help grow your business.
Disclaimer: AdvertiseMint is an advertising agency that provides advertising and marketing services to businesses located in Amsterdam. The details provided on this page are for informational purposes and to help explain the services we provide for our clients. AdvertiseMint has no affiliation or exclusive partnerships with the city of Amsterdam, tourist locations, government divisions, sports teams, educational institutions, annual events, restaurants, or other businesses mentioned on this page.