With a population of over 585,000 residents, the largest city in Maryland brings a huge opportunity to grow your business. Businesses that use a Baltimore advertising agency like AdvertiseMint can help ensure their story reaches the right customers at the right place and time.
Best ways to advertise in Baltimore
Baltimore is a vibrant city, and your business will need a marketing strategy to break through the noise. Baltimore residents are bombarded with daily social media ads, search ads, billboards, TV ads, and radio ads. It’s essential that your advertising dollars are being spent efficiently. Here are some of the most popular Baltimore advertising options for businesses.
Baltimore Paid Social Advertising
Paid social allows Baltimore businesses to reach consumers directly in their area. This is done by geo-targeted ads targeting a specific zip code or a one-mile radius around a single point. Advertisers can also target aspects like interests, behaviors, or custom audiences of their customers, prospects, or visitors. You can learn more about each of the following types of advertising below:
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Twitter / X Ads
Baltimore Paid Search Advertising
Paid search allows Baltimore businesses to reach consumers searching for their products or services on Google or Bing within a specific geographic area. These ads allow your business to appear on top of Google searches or Google Maps. This ensures customers find your business first before they find your competitors.
Baltimore Local Advertising
There are countless options for reaching consumers located in the Baltimore area. Each advertising option brings opportunities, challenges, and the need to monitor for a positive return on ad spend for the business. If you want to help to grow your business with local Baltimore ads, please contact Advertisemint. You can learn more about local Baltimore advertising options here:
- Yelp Ads
- Nextdoor Ads
- iHeartRadio Ads
- Spotify Ads
- Pandora Ads
- Local Cable Ads
- Billboard Advertising
- Baltimore Metro Advertising
- Direct Mail
“Baltimore is a city of dreams. It’s a place where anything is possible.” – John Waters, filmmaker
How to Advertise with Baltimore Sport Teams?
Baltimoreans are passionate about their sports, showcasing a blend of energy and loyalty towards their local teams. From football to baseball, Baltimore offers businesses a unique chance to engage with a broad and fervent audience, not just on game days but throughout the year. If you want to explore advertising opportunities with Baltimore’s sports teams, contact Advertisemint now. Discover how to collaborate with the Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore Orioles, and Baltimore Blast.
- Baltimore Ravens (NFL) – The Baltimore Ravens are a professional football team known for their strong defense and passionate fan base. They’ve won multiple division titles and a Super Bowl championship in 2001.
Baltimore Ravens on Instagram | Baltimore Ravens on YouTube | Baltimore Ravens on TikTok
- Baltimore Orioles (MLB) -The Baltimore Orioles are a historic Major League Baseball team with a rich tradition. They’ve produced legendary players and have won three World Series championships.
Orioles SC on Instagram | Orioles SC on YouTube | Orioles SC on TikTok
- Baltimore Blast (MASL) – The Baltimore Blast is a professional indoor soccer team with a storied history in the Major Arena Soccer League. They have won 10 championships, more than any other team in the MASL.
Baltimore Blast on Instagram | Baltimore Blast on Youtube | Baltimore Blast on TikTok
- Towson Tigers (NCAA) – The Towson University Tigers participate in NCAA Division I athletics, such as football, basketball, and lacrosse. They have a dedicated fan base and a competitive spirit.
- Johns Hopkins Blue Jays (NCAA) – The Johns Hopkins University Blue Jays are known for their lacrosse prowess. They consistently excel in NCAA Division I lacrosse and have a passionate following. Hopkins Blue on Instagram
How to Advertise to Baltimore Universities, Colleges & Schools?
If your business has customers between 13 and 30, you should look at advertising options for Baltimore students. This youth-focused segment is rapidly changing regarding which social media platforms they use, how they access information, and the technology they utilize daily. Generally, a mobile-first demo, reaching a demo requires a fluid strategy with both content and ads that resonate with the audience. If you want to advertise to students in the Baltimore area, please contact Advertisemint to discuss the best advertising and marketing options for higher education. The following are some of the most popular schools in Baltimore:
- Johns Hopkins University – Renowned for its research and medical programs, Johns Hopkins is a prestigious private university. It’s a world leader in fields such as medicine, engineering, and international relations.
JHU on Instagram | JHU on YouTube
- Loyola University Maryland – Loyola offers a comprehensive liberal arts education in the Jesuit tradition. The university emphasizes strong ethics, community engagement, and academic excellence.
loyola on Instagram | loyola on YouTube
- University of Maryland, Baltimore – UMB focuses on health sciences, law, and social work, with a mission to advance public health and social justice. It’s a hub for healthcare and legal education.
UMB on Instagram | UMB on YouTube
- Towson University – As Maryland’s second-largest university, Towson offers a wide range of programs in arts, sciences, education, and business. It’s known for its commitment to hands-on learning. Towson University on Instagram | | Towson University on YouTube
- Morgan State University – Morgan State is a historically black university with a focus on research and community engagement. The institution provides a wide range of academic programs and is known for its strong emphasis on STEM fields. Morgan State University on Instagram | | Morgan State University on YouTube
- Goucher College – Goucher is a private liberal arts college that was founded in 1885. It is known for its small class sizes and its focus on undergraduate education.
Goucher College on Instagram | Goucher College on YouTube | Goucher College on TikTok
- Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) – MICA is a leading art and design school fostering creativity and innovation. It’s known for its comprehensive art programs and nurturing artistic talent.
MICA on Instagram | MICA on YouTube | MICA on TikTok
- Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) – CCBC is a multi-campus community college offering a wide range of programs, from associate degrees to workforce training. It’s known for its affordability and diverse course offerings.
CCBC on Instagram | CCBC on YouTube
Baltimore High Schools
- Baltimore School for the Arts – Known for nurturing young talents in the arts, this public arts high school offers specialized programs in music, dance, visual arts, theater, and film. It’s a creative hub for aspiring artists.
Baltimore School for the Arts on Instagram
- Roland Park Country School – It is a private school that was founded in 1896. It is known for its college preparatory programs and its selective admissions process.
Roland Park Country School on Instagram | Roland Park Country School on Tiktok
- Eastern Technical High School – Eastern Technical High School is a magnet school that was founded in 1935. It is known for its engineering and technology programs.
How to advertise on the Baltimore metro and public transportation?
Baltimore is a city with a diverse transportation network, including buses, light rail, the Metro Subway, and a growing rideshare presence. The city’s Department of Transportation (DOT) highlights the many daily boardings on public transportation, making Baltimore a great place to target commuters with advertising. Advertisers can choose from a variety of transportation advertising platforms in Baltimore, including bus advertising, light rail advertising, subway advertising, taxi branding, and rideshare promotions. Advertisemint can help businesses develop a tailored advertising strategy to reach their target audience.
How to advertise on the radio in Baltimore?
Baltimore’s diverse audience tunes into popular radio stations such as WPOC, 98 Rock, Z104.3, and 92Q. Whether commuting, visiting the Inner Harbor, or relaxing at home, residents have various news, talk shows, and music at their fingertips. Advertising on Baltimore radio offers businesses a golden opportunity to connect with local residents in an immersive listening setting. Tailor your advertisements based on stations, musical genres, or broadcasting times. Additionally, with digital platforms like iHeartRadio and Spotify gaining traction, businesses can now micro-target their ads based on zip codes, musical tastes, interests, and more. If you aim to expand your presence in the Baltimore market through radio advertising, our team at Advertisemint is eager to assist. Let’s work together to craft a successful and resonant radio advertising strategy for your enterprise.
How much does billboard advertising cost in Baltimore?
As you navigate through the city, whether on I-95, I-695, or I-83, one omnipresent sight in Baltimore is billboards. Major networks such as Clear Channel Outdoor, Lamar Advertising, and Outfront Media manage many of these billboards. In Baltimore, the average price for billboard advertising fluctuates between $1,500 to $10,000 per month, depending largely on the traffic volume and the specific location’s appeal. Many advertising networks also offer remnant spaces at reduced rates, especially if you’re flexible about the billboard’s location and display duration. If billboard advertising in the Baltimore region is on your radar, our team at Advertisemint is here to assist. We’ll guide you in crafting the optimal strategy, pinpointing the prime locations, and ensuring your campaigns yield a gratifying return on investment.
What are the most popular restaurants in Baltimore?
Baltimore, known as “Charm City,” is not just home to the National Aquarium and the Orioles, but also a diverse culinary scene. Whether you’re looking for internationally-inspired fine dining, local eateries, fast-food chains, or innovative food trucks, Baltimore has something for everyone. Crafting the perfect advertisement for Baltimore’s restaurants can be intricate, given that you must engage not just the locals but also the influx of tourists and business travelers. Effective restaurant marketing blends location, product, promotional tactics, pricing strategy, and the power of recommendations on social media platforms like Instagram, review sites like Yelp, or local community forums like Nextdoor.
If you are enthusiastic about elevating your restaurant’s presence in Baltimore, contact Advertisemint to connect with a seasoned expert. Here are some top-notch dining spots in Baltimore for reference:
- Woodberry Kitchen – Woodberry Kitchen is a farm-to-table restaurant known for its commitment to locally sourced ingredients and inventive American cuisine. The rustic-chic ambiance and creative dishes make it a popular spot for food enthusiasts.
- Charleston – Charleston is an upscale restaurant offering refined Southern cuisine with a focus on fresh seafood and locally sourced ingredients. Known for its elegant dining rooms and impeccable service, it’s a destination for special occasions.
- Miss Shirley’s Cafe – Miss Shirley’s Cafe is a beloved breakfast and brunch spot known for its creative twists on Southern comfort food. The vibrant and welcoming atmosphere adds to the charm of this local favorite.
- Foraged – Foraged is a modern restaurant that focuses on seasonal and locally sourced ingredients to create inventive dishes with a global influence. The changing menu reflects the chef’s commitment to sustainability.
- Thames Street Oyster House – Thames Street Oyster House offers an extensive selection of fresh seafood, including oysters sourced from both the East and West coasts. The maritime-themed decor and waterfront location enhance the experience.
- La Cuchara – La Cuchara is a modern Spanish restaurant known for its Basque-inspired cuisine and emphasis on wood-fired cooking techniques. The open-kitchen concept adds to the lively dining experience.
- Miss Shirley’s Cafe – Miss Shirley’s Cafe is a breakfast and brunch restaurant that serves classic dishes like pancakes and waffles. It is located in Hampden and is known for its delicious food and friendly service.
- R. House – R. House is a food hall that houses a variety of stalls offering diverse culinary experiences, from ramen to pizza and everything in between. It’s a communal space where visitors can explore a range of flavors.
Top 10 things to do when you visit Baltimore
Baltimore, known as “Charm City,” attracts millions of tourists annually. Marketing aimed at these visitors is pivotal, spanning attractions, accommodations, eateries, transportation, and more. Local businesses can massively benefit by implementing strategies explicitly targeting tourists. Several paid social ad platforms allow you to target those in a particular location who aren’t residents, tapping into this ever-replenishing stream of consumers. For assistance with hotel advertising, tourism promotions, or transportation ads in Baltimore, don’t hesitate to connect with Advertisemint. Here’s a handy guide on the must-do activities when in Baltimore:
- Visit the Inner Harbor – Explore the iconic Inner Harbor, a historic seaport turned entertainment hub. Enjoy waterfront dining, visit attractions like the National Aquarium, or take a sightseeing cruise.
- Visit Fort McHenry – This is a historic fort that is best known for its role in the War of 1812. It is now a National Monument and is open to the public for tours.
- Visit the National Aquarium – This is one of the largest aquariums in the world and is home to over 17,000 animals. You can see sharks, dolphins, penguins, and many other creatures from the ocean.
- American Visionary Art Museum – Experience the creative and unconventional at AVAM, showcasing self-taught artists’ visionary artworks. The museum’s exhibits celebrate imagination and artistic innovation.
- Fell’s Point – Wander through Fell’s Point, a historic waterfront neighborhood with cobblestone streets, charming shops, and a lively nightlife scene. Discover its maritime heritage and eclectic vibe.
- Baltimore Museum of Art – Discover a diverse collection of art from various cultures and periods at the Baltimore Museum of Art. The museum showcases renowned artists and offers free admission.
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards – Catch a baseball game at Oriole Park, a historic ballpark known for its retro design and fan-friendly atmosphere. Enjoy the excitement of America’s pastime in a unique setting.
- Maryland Science Center – Engage in hands-on science exploration at the Maryland Science Center. The center offers interactive exhibits, an IMAX theater, and a planetarium for all ages.
- Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum – Step back in time at the B&O Railroad Museum, showcasing the history of American railroading. Explore vintage locomotives, train cars, and interactive exhibits.
- Edgar Allan Poe House and Museum – Delve into the life and works of Edgar Allan Poe at his former residence. The museum offers insight into the life of the famous author and poet.
The list gives you a taste of Baltimore’s multifaceted allure. Whether it’s the thrill of roller coasters, nature’s serenity, or space’s magic, Baltimore promises something for everyone.
Popular social media accounts in Baltimore you need to follow
Engaging socially can be a game-changer in creating meaningful connections. Paid social ads seamlessly weave your business into the content-rich tapestry that users are engrossed in. Here’s a compilation of prominent Baltimore-based social media handles that you’d want to keep tabs on to remain updated on all things Baltimore:
- @visitbaltimore -This is the official tourism account for Baltimore. It posts about all the best things to see and do in the city.
- @thebaltimoresun -This is the account for the Baltimore Sun newspaper. It posts about local news, events, and culture.
- @baltimoreravens -This is the account for the Baltimore Ravens NFL team. It posts about the team’s latest news, games, and events.
Everything you need to know about Baltimore Real Estate advertising
With tens of thousands of real estate agents in the Los Angeles area, there is constant need for real estate brokers and agents to get their properties in front of the right homebuyers. There are lots of options from targeted paid social and paid search ads, along with local options like Yelp, Google and Nextdoor and then options like direct mail or local cable ads. There are also digital options for real estate such as Realtor Connections, Zillow Real Estate Agency Advertising and the Trulia Real Estate Ad Network. Commercial real estate brokers are now using paid social to promote videos of their properties using LinkedIn ads to reach a B2B audience. Please note that many of the ad platforms have rules and limitations regarding the targeting of individuals while promoting real estate ads based on age, gender, ethnicity and location. The team at AdvertiseMint is happy to help you work through your options and can help you ensure you are generating leads for both home sellers and home buyers. For more detailed information on real estate advertising in Baltimore, please contact Advertisemint. Here are some of the neighborhoods you need to know about when advertising in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Federal Hill Real Estate Advertising –This historic neighborhood is located near the Inner Harbor. It is known for its waterfront views, bars, and restaurants. Some of the popular places to visit in Federal Hill are the National Aquarium, the USS Constellation, and the Fells Point Market.
- Mount Vernon Real Estate Advertising –This historic neighborhood is home to the Walters Art Museum and the Peabody Library. It is also known for its charming shops and cafes. Some of the popular places to visit in Mount Vernon are the Washington Monument, the Walters Art Museum, and the Peabody Library.
- Hampden Real Estate Advertising – This quirky neighborhood is known for its vintage shops and independent businesses. It is also home to the The Avenue, a popular strip of restaurants and bars. Some of the popular places to visit in Hampden are the The Avenue, the Book Center of Maryland, and the Hampden Theatre.
- Fell’s Point Real Estate Advertising – This historic neighborhood is known for its cobblestone streets and waterfront views. It is also home to a variety of seafood restaurants and bars. Some of the popular places to visit in Fell’s Point are the Fell’s Point Market, the Captain James Barry Historic House, and the Robert Long House.
- Canton Real Estate Advertising – This is a waterfront neighborhood that is home to the Baltimore Orioles’ stadium and the Power Plant Live entertainment complex. It is also home to a variety of restaurants and bars. Some of the popular places to visit in Canton are the Oriole Park at Camden Yards, the Power Plant Live entertainment complex, and the Canton Waterfront Park.
- Charles Village Real Estate Advertising – This is a diverse neighborhood that is home to a variety of restaurants, shops, and cultural institutions. Some of the popular places to visit in Charles Village are the Johns Hopkins University, the Evergreen Museum & Library, and the Charles Village Farmer’s Market.
- Roland Park Real Estate Advertising – Roland Park is a prosperous community renowned for its elegant houses and picturesque streets adorned with trees. It boasts several parks and green areas that visitors can explore. Some of the notable attractions include the Roland Park Historic District, the Woodberry Trolley Trail and the Roland Park Country Club.
- Towson Real Estate Advertising –Towson is a suburban community where you can find Towson University and the Towson Town Center. You’ll also come across plenty of restaurants, shops, and businesses. If you’re looking for places to explore in Towson, check out Towson University, Towson Town Center, or the Towson Farmers Market.
Complete guide to annual events in Baltimore
When considering advertising for events ranging from concerts, marathons, festivals, or any other gatherings in Baltimore, it’s essential to understand the local event landscape. Promoting an event in Baltimore typically requires a head-start of two to nine months, depending on the event’s magnitude and expected audience. To dive deeper into event marketing or for potential sponsorship opportunities, please reach out to Advertisemint. Our dedicated team will guide you seamlessly.
- Light City Baltimore – March or April – Light City is a captivating festival of light, art, and innovation. The Inner Harbor comes alive with illuminated art installations, music performances, and innovation conferences.
- Charm City Bluegrass Festival – April – This festival celebrates bluegrass music with performances by local and national artists. Enjoy live music, food, craft vendors, and family-friendly activities.
- Baltimore Wine & Food Festival -April -Indulge in culinary delights from local restaurants, taste a variety of wines, and enjoy live music and entertainment at this popular food and wine festival.
- Preakness Stakes – May – Part of the Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing, Preakness Stakes is a renowned horse racing event. The race is followed by the InfieldFest, featuring live music and festivities.
- HonFest – June – Hampden’s HonFest celebrates Baltimore’s colorful culture with a playful nod to the city’s working-class roots. Enjoy retro fashion, beehive hairdos, live music, and local vendors.
- Artscape -September – Artscape is America’s largest free arts festival, showcasing visual arts, performing arts, music, and fashion. The festival takes over Mount Royal Avenue and features art installations and interactive exhibits.
- Baltimore Seafood Festival – September – Dive into Baltimore’s culinary scene at the seafood festival, featuring a variety of seafood dishes, live music, cooking demonstrations, and family-friendly activities.
- Baltimore Running Festival – October – Runners of all levels participate in this marathon and running event, which offers multiple race distances. The course passes through iconic Baltimore neighborhoods and landmarks.
- Baltimore Book Festival – November – Book lovers gather at the Baltimore Book Festival for author talks, book signings, workshops, and literary activities. This celebration of literature takes place in the Inner Harbor.
How to advertise a professional service business in Baltimore?
There are so many professional service providers in Baltimore that it can become crowded and difficult for many consumers to find your business. If you are a lawyer, doctor, dentist, contractor, accountant, or work in childcare, food services, event planning, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, roofing, HVAC, waste removal, or security services – then you need to be advertising your services. You must ensure you have local pages created on Google Local and Yelp and paid ads to ensure customers see your business first. You should also run paid search and social ads so individuals can visually see and experience your business’s services in Baltimore. If you need help advertising your service-based business in Baltimore, please contact Advertisemint and speak with one of our advertising experts.
Baltimore government advertising
Countless municipal and government departments often have highly specific advertising needs in the Baltimore area. If you are a Baltimore politician running for office or work in a Baltimore-based government division and need assistance with setting up marketing campaigns, advertising campaigns, or any creative elements like videos, photography, or graphic design, AdvertiseMint can help you build a strategy, accommodate any government regulations, place the media and report back on the KPIs required for success and return on investment. For reference, here are a few of the top government resources for Baltimore.
- City of Baltimore Official Website
- Baltimore Chamber of Commerce
- Baltimore Mayor’s Office
- Baltimore City Council
- Baltimore Police Department
- Baltimore City Department of Education
- Baltimore Sheriff Department
- Baltimore City Department of Planning
- Baltimore City Health Department
- Baltimore Parks and Recreation
- Baltimore Department of Transportation
- Baltimore Weather Service
What is the Best Baltimore Ad Agency?
We believe AdvertiseMint is the best Baltimore Ad agency. AdvertiseMint brings a full team of advertising experts, including account managers, media buyers, copywriters, and creative experts in video production, editing, photography, graphic design, and data analysis to ensure our metrics are met. We would love the opportunity to help grow your business.
Disclaimer: AdvertiseMint is an advertising agency that provides advertising and marketing services to businesses located in Baltimore. The details provided on this page are for informational purposes and to help explain the services we provide for our clients. AdvertiseMint has no affiliation or exclusive partnerships with the city of Baltimore, tourist locations, government divisions, sports teams, educational institutions, annual events, restaurants, or other businesses mentioned on this page.