With over 2.8 million residents, the dynamic city of Charlotte offers immense potential for business expansion. Enterprises collaborating with a Charlotte advertising agency, like AdvertiseMint, can guarantee their brand narrative reaches the ideal clientele in the most optimal locations and moments.
Best ways to advertise in Charlotte
Charlotte is a vibrant city, and your business will need a marketing strategy to break through the noise. Charlotte residents are bombarded with daily social media ads, search ads, billboards, TV ads, and radio ads. It’s essential that your advertising dollars are being spent efficiently. Here are some of the most popular Charlotte advertising options for businesses.
Charlotte Paid Social Advertising
Paid social allows Charlotte businesses to reach consumers directly in their area. This is done by geo-targeted ads, which can target a specific zip code or a one-mile radius around a single point. Advertisers can also target aspects like interests, behaviors, or custom audiences of their customers, prospects, or visitors. You can learn more about each of the following types of advertising below:
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Twitter / X Ads
Charlotte Paid Search Advertising
Paid search allows Charlotte businesses to reach consumers searching for their products or services on Google or Bing within a specific geographic area. These ads allow your business to appear on top of Google searches or Google Maps. This ensures customers find your business first before they find your competitors.
Charlotte Local Advertising
There are countless options for reaching consumers located in the Charlotte area. Each advertising option brings opportunities, challenges, and the need to monitor for a positive return on ad spend for the business. If you want help growing your business with local Charlotte ads, please contact Advertisemint. You can learn more about local Charlotte advertising options here:
- Yelp Ads
- Nextdoor Ads
- iHeartRadio Ads
- Spotify Ads
- Pandora Ads
- Local Cable Ads
- Billboard Advertising
- Charlotte Metro Advertising
- Direct Mail
“From NASCAR to nature trails, Charlotte offers a pace for everyone.” – Unknown.
How to Advertise with Charlotte Sports Teams?
Charlotte, often called the “Queen City,” has a rich sports heritage, drawing passionate fans from all walks of life. This presents a golden opportunity for businesses and advertisers to tap into a dedicated audience on game days or during regular seasons. If you’re considering advertising with any of Charlotte’s major sports teams, reach out to Advertisemint to understand the various advertising avenues available with teams like the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets, Charlotte Independence, and others.
- Carolina Panthers (NFL) – The Panthers have a strong presence in the NFL, representing Charlotte with pride. Their home games are held at the Bank of America Stadium. The Panthers have been in the NFL since 1995 and have made it to the Super Bowl twice.
- Charlotte Hornets (NBA) – Being part of the NBA, the Hornets have a vast following. They play their home games at the Spectrum Center. The Hornets’ legacy dates back to 1988, and they have seen numerous seasons of success.
- Charlotte Independence (USL Championship) – As Charlotte’s professional soccer team, the Independence represents the city in the USL Championship. They play their home matches at the American Legion Memorial Stadium.
- Charlotte Checkers (AHL) – The city’s professional ice hockey team, the Checkers, has made a significant mark in the American Hockey League, claiming one Calder Cup championship. Games are held at the Bojangles’ Coliseum.
- Charlotte FC (MLS) – Set to debut in Major League Soccer in 2022, Charlotte FC represents a new chapter in the city’s sports legacy. The team will play their home games at the Bank of America Stadium.
How to Advertise to Charlotte Universities, Colleges & Schools?
Reaching students in the Charlotte area requires a tailored approach, considering the unique characteristics and preferences of the youth demographic here. This segment quickly adapts to new trends, especially regarding technology, social media platforms, and content consumption. Predominantly mobile users, students necessitate advertising strategies that are responsive, authentic, and engaging. If you aim to connect with students in Charlotte, let Advertisemint help you with the optimal advertising methods suitable for higher education. Here are some leading educational institutions in Charlotte to consider:
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC) – A prominent public research university, UNCC boasts diverse academic programs and a strong reputation in research and innovation.
- Queens University of Charlotte – A private university renowned for its commitment to experiential learning, leadership development, and nurturing a close-knit community.
- Johnson C. Smith University (JCSU) – A private HBCU in Charlotte, JCSU emphasizes research, professional development, and community engagement.
- Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) – Highly recognized for its commitment to student success, CPCC provides quality education and training in various fields.
- Carolinas College of Health Sciences – An esteemed college dedicated to health science education and professional development.
Charlotte High Schools
- Myers Park High School – Renowned for its comprehensive academic offerings, robust extracurricular activities, and dedicated faculty.
- Ardrey Kell High School – A school that balances rigorous academics with diverse extracurricular options, fostering holistic student development.
- Providence High School is known for its commitment to academic excellence and varied programs that cater to the diverse needs of its student population.
How to advertise on Charlotte metro and public transportation?
Charlotte, the bustling hub of North Carolina, thrives on an intricate web of transportation methods. The city opens doors to innovative advertising opportunities with the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) facilitating countless daily journeys via buses, light rail, streetcars, and more. Reaching commuters based on distinct locations, demographics, and interests in Charlotte can be particularly effective. If you are keen on tapping into Charlotte Metro advertising, Charlotte Bus advertising, Charlotte streetcar advertising, Charlotte taxi advertising, or other modes of transportation advertising in Charlotte, the AdvertiseMint team is ready to assist. We’ll strategize and ensure that your advertisements resonate with Charlotte’s daily commuters, offering your business the visibility it deserves in the Charlotte transportation ecosystem.
How to advertise on the radio in Charlotte?
In Charlotte, with popular stations like WFAE, WPEG, WKKT, WLNK, and WEND, the city’s residents have many choices for news, talk shows, and various music genres. This ensures a vibrant audience for any advertiser looking to make a splash in the region. Radio advertising in Charlotte can be invaluable to tap into a dedicated and local listening base. Whether your audience is into country, rock, pop, or news, a station in Charlotte caters to their tastes. Advertising on the radio here allows businesses to target specific demographics based on the station, time slot, and even specific programs. Moreover, with the rise of digital streaming platforms such as Pandora and Spotify, businesses have more modern options to consider. These platforms permit targeted advertising based on preferences like zip codes, music genres, user interests, and more, giving a broader and more precise reach than ever before. If you’re aiming to amplify your business’s presence in Charlotte through radio advertising, AdvertiseMint’s experienced team is here to assist. From curating a robust strategy to designing impactful creatives, we’re committed to ensuring that your radio marketing endeavors in Charlotte are seamless and bring significant returns on investment.
How much does billboard advertising cost in Charlotte?
Whether you are driving down I-77, I-85, I-485, or one of Charlotte’s many major roads, you will surely see billboards. Most Charlotte billboards are owned by large networks such as Lamar, Clear Channel, or OutFront Media. The average price of billboards in Charlotte is between $2,000 to $10,000 per month and is based on the traffic and desirability of the location. Many of the networks offer remnant or lower cost options if you are flexible on the locations of the billboards and the time they are displayed. If you are looking to run billboard ads in the Charlotte area for your business, the team at AdvertiseMint can help you build your ideal strategy, determine the best locations, and ensure your campaigns are executed and provide a positive return on investment.
What are the most popular restaurants in Charlotte?
Charlotte, North Carolina, often called the “Queen City,” has seen a surge in its culinary scene over recent years. From southern comfort foods to international delicacies, the city offers a rich tapestry of flavors that appeal to locals and tourists. If you’re a restaurant owner in Charlotte, marketing your establishment requires a balanced blend of targeting the diverse local community and the ever-growing number of visitors. Platforms like Yelp, Google, Nextdoor, and various social media sites are indispensable to efficiently advertise. These tools allow you to showcase your restaurant’s ambiance, culinary delights, and uniqueness. If you’re considering expanding your restaurant’s reach in the Charlotte region, please contact AdvertiseMint for a consultation. To give you a feel for the local competition, here’s a list of some top-notch restaurants in the Charlotte area:
- Kindred – Located in Davidson, this family-owned spot is known for its inventive fare and friendly service. Their milk bread is legendary among patrons.
- Mama Ricotta’s – Serving up Italian favorites, this eatery stands out with its homey feel and delicious pasta dishes.
- The Fig Tree – Situated in a historic home in the Elizabeth neighborhood, this restaurant offers an elegant dining experience with a blend of French and Italian cuisine.
- Midwood Smokehouse – This place is a must-visit for those craving authentic BBQ. Their brisket and ribs have been praised by locals and visitors alike.
- Haberdish – Situated in NoDa, this is the place for southern comfort food. Their fried chicken and cocktails are particularly renowned.
- 5Church – This stylish spot in Uptown Charlotte serves New American dishes in a chic setting, complete with a ceiling that features the entire text of “The Art of War”.
- Zada Jane’s Corner Cafe – Located in Plaza Midwood, it’s a popular breakfast spot known for its organic offerings and quirky decor.
- Pinky’s Westside Grill – A unique and quirky spot, they’re famed for burgers and waffle fries.
- Amélie’s French Bakery & Café – A beloved bakery in Charlotte, perfect for those who crave French pastries, soups, and sandwiches.
- Mert’s Heart & Soul – Situated in Uptown Charlotte, it’s the go-to for soul food classics like cornbread, collard greens, and catfish.
Top 10 things to do when you visit Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina, is rich in history, culture, and modern attractions. Drawing millions of visitors annually, Charlotte uniquely blends Southern charm and urban energy. Consequently, advertising geared toward these tourists is vital for events, activities, accommodations, dining, and more. Businesses must implement a targeted advertising strategy focused on reaching visitors. Many digital ad platforms offer geotargeting capabilities, allowing businesses to engage those visiting Charlotte but residing elsewhere. If you need assistance with your tourism-focused advertising campaigns in Charlotte, contact AdvertiseMint. To help you get acquainted, here are some top attractions and activities in the Queen City:
- NASCAR Hall of Fame – A high-octane tribute to the world of NASCAR, this modern facility offers interactive exhibits, simulators, and a vast collection of memorabilia.
- U.S. National Whitewater Center – A hub for outdoor enthusiasts, it offers whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock climbing, zip-lining, and hiking trails.
- Freedom Park – A scenic urban park that covers 98 acres and offers beautiful walking trails, paddle boats, and a summer concert series.
- Discovery Place Science – This interactive museum is perfect for families, with hands-on exhibits related to science, nature, and technology.
- Billy Graham Library – Explore the life and legacy of America’s most famous evangelist through multimedia presentations and exhibits.
- The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art – A sleek museum boasting a notable collection of 20th-century modern art.
- Bank of America Stadium – Home to the NFL’s Carolina Panthers, this stadium pulses with energy on game days.
- Historic Rosedale Plantation – A preserved antebellum plantation that offers a glimpse into early Southern life.
- Charlotte Ballet – Renowned for its dynamic performances, this professional ballet company showcases classical to contemporary works.
- Taste Carolina Gourmet Food Tours – Indulge in Charlotte’s rich culinary scene with a guided tour of its best eateries and specialty food shops.
Popular social media accounts in Charlotte you need to follow
Being socially active is a fantastic way to immerse yourself in the Charlotte experience. Paid social media campaigns present an opportunity to display your business amidst content that engages the audience. Here’s a roundup of some top Charlotte-based social media accounts you should follow to remain updated with everything happening in and around the city:
- @charlotteagenda – This is the account for Charlotte Agenda, a popular city guide that delves into news, food, culture, and the best places to hang out in Charlotte.
- @cltmag – This is the official account for Charlotte Magazine. A comprehensive source that sheds light on fashion, dining, culture, and the arts in Charlotte.
- @cltstories – Covering a wide range of Charlotte stories, this account highlights the city’s diverse events, news, and culture. It offers both current happenings and nostalgic glimpses of Charlotte’s past.
- @qcexclusive – An elegant representation of Charlotte’s luxury lifestyle, arts, and culture. QC Exclusive is a platform that celebrates the city’s unique vibe and elegance.
Everything you need to know about Charlotte Real Estate advertising
With tens of thousands of real estate agents in the Charlotte area, there is a constant need for real estate brokers and agents to get their properties in front of the right homebuyers. There are many options, from targeted paid social and paid search ads, along with local options like Yelp, Google, and Nextdoor and then options like direct mail or local cable ads. There are also digital options for real estate, such as Realtor Connections, Zillow Real Estate Agency Advertising, and the Trulia Real Estate Ad Network. Commercial real estate brokers are now using paid social to promote videos of their properties using LinkedIn ads to reach a B2B audience. Please note that many of the ad platforms have rules and limitations regarding the targeting of individuals while promoting real estate ads based on age, gender, ethnicity and location. The team at AdvertiseMint is happy to help you work through your options and can help you ensure you are generating leads for both home sellers and home buyers. For more detailed information on real estate advertising in Charlotte, please contact Advertisemint. Here are some of the neighborhoods you need to know about when advertising in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Uptown Charlotte Real Estate Advertising – Also known as Downtown, it’s the city’s central business district. You’ll find skyscrapers, upscale hotels, high-end restaurants, museums, and several entertainment venues here.
- NoDa (North Davidson) Real Estate Advertising – This artsy district is known for its vibrant street art, quirky galleries, and live music venues. Craft beer enthusiasts will also appreciate the local breweries in this area.
- South End Real Estate Advertising – Historically an industrial zone, South End has transformed into a trendy hub filled with breweries, restaurants, and unique shops. It’s also known for its monthly Gallery Crawl.
- Ballantyne Real Estate Advertising – A posh, master-planned community in south Charlotte known for its corporate parks, golf courses, and upscale shopping centers.
- Dilworth Real Estate Advertising – One of Charlotte’s oldest neighborhoods, Dilworth boasts historic homes, tree-lined streets, and a mix of boutiques and eateries along East Boulevard.
- Plaza Midwood Real Estate Advertising– A diverse, eclectic neighborhood with a vintage vibe. It’s popular for its hipster-friendly atmosphere, from retro stores to tattoo parlors to local eateries.
- Elizabeth Real Estate Advertising – Located next to Uptown, it’s the home of the city’s first public park and has a blend of historic homes and modern apartments combined with medical institutions and quaint local businesses.
- Myers Park Real Estate Advertising – An affluent area known for its winding oak-lined avenues, the Duke Mansion, and the prestigious Queens University.
Complete guide to annual events in Charlotte
Whether you’re promoting a festival, marathon, or any grand event in Queen City, understanding the local Charlotte event landscape is pivotal. Commencing your promotional activities well in advance, considering the size and potential turnout, can ensure you get the word out effectively. Should you need expertise in event marketing or wish to partner with a renowned local event, please reach out to AdvertiseMint. Our team of advertising professionals stands ready to offer guidance.
- Charlotte Jazz Festival – April – This event celebrates jazz with performances in the heart of Uptown Charlotte. It’s a must-visit for jazz enthusiasts.
- Charlotte Wine & Food Weekend – April – This offers wine aficionados and culinary enthusiasts the chance to indulge in wine tastings, seminars, and gourmet meals.
- Speed Street – May – Coinciding with the NASCAR event, it brings together race fans and non-fans with music performances, appearances by NASCAR drivers, and fun activities.
- Taste of Charlotte – June – A three-day festival celebrating the city’s diverse culinary scene, featuring samples from local restaurants, live music, and children’s activities.
- Charlotte Pride Festival & Parade – August – The largest LGBTQ+ event in the Carolinas, a vibrant unity celebration, draws large crowds annually.
- Carolina Renaissance Festival – October to November – One of the largest of its kind, visitors can experience a 16th-century European village complete with an artisan market, jousting knights, music, and theater.
- Charlotte Marathon – November – Runners from all over participate in this annual marathon, winding through Uptown Charlotte and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Queen’s Feast: Charlotte Restaurant Week – January & July – Twice a year, some of the best restaurants in Charlotte offer special menus at discounted prices, giving foodies a chance to explore new flavors.
- Festival in the Park – September – Held in Freedom Park, this gathering of artists and craftsmen, complete with live music, food stalls, and activities for kids.
- Southern Christmas Show – November – Kicking off the holiday season, this event features holiday decor, local crafts, seasonal treats, and more.
How to advertise a professional service business in Charlotte?
Charlotte has so many types of professional service providers that it can become crowded and difficult for many consumers to find your business. If you are a lawyer, doctor, dentist, contractor, accountant, or work in childcare, food services, event planning, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, roofing, HVAC, waste removal, or security services – then you need to be advertising your services. You must ensure you have local pages created on Google Local and Yelp and paid ads to ensure customers see your business first. You should also run paid search and social ads so individuals can visually see and experience your business’s services in Charlotte. If you need help advertising your service-based business in Charlotte, please contact Advertisemint and speak with one of our advertising experts.
Charlotte government advertising
In Charlotte, numerous municipal and government sectors have intricate advertising requirements. Whether you’re a politician in Charlotte gearing up for an election or a representative of a government body, setting up well-targeted marketing campaigns can be challenging. If you require assistance with campaign strategies, promotional materials, or any other creative components such as videos or graphic design, AdvertiseMint can help. We’ll work closely with you to strategize, ensure adherence to all governmental regulations, execute your media placements, and offer insights on the KPIs crucial for your campaign’s success. Below are some of the key government resources for the city of Charlotte:
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
- Charlotte Mayor’s Office
- Charlotte City Council
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Library
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department
- Charlotte Fire Department
- Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office
- Charlotte Area Small Business Association (SBA)
- Charlotte City Finance Department
- Charlotte Water
- Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation
- Charlotte Department of Transportation
- Charlotte Solid Waste Services
- Mecklenburg County Veteran Services
- National Weather Service – Charlotte
What is the Best Charlotte Ad Agency?
We believe AdvertiseMint is the best Charlotte advertising agency. AdvertiseMint brings a full team of advertising experts, including account managers, media buyers, copywriters, and creative experts in video production, editing, photography, graphic design, and data analysis to ensure our metrics are met. We would love the opportunity to help grow your business.
Disclaimer: AdvertiseMint is an advertising agency that provides advertising and marketing services to businesses located in Charlotte. The details provided on this page are for informational purposes and to help explain the services we provide for our clients. AdvertiseMint has no affiliation or exclusive partnerships with the city of Charlotte, tourist locations, government divisions, sports teams, educational institutions, annual events, restaurants, or any other businesses mentioned on this page.