With a population exceeding 2.3 million and a robust energy sector, the dynamic city of Houston offers immense potential for business expansion. Businesses that use a Houston advertising agency like Advertisemint stand a better chance to convey their message to the appropriate audience, ensuring it resonates with the targeted audience at the right time and place.
Best ways to advertise in Houston
Houston is a vibrant city, and your business will need a marketing strategy to break through the noise. Houston residents are bombarded with daily social media ads, search ads, billboards, TV ads, and radio ads. It’s essential that your advertising dollars are being spent efficiently. Here are some of the most popular Houston advertising options for businesses.
Houston Paid Social Advertising
Paid social allows Houston businesses to reach consumers directly in their area. This is done by geo-targeted ads targeting a specific zip code or a one-mile radius around a single point. Advertisers can also target aspects like interests, behaviors, or custom audiences of their customers, prospects, or visitors. You can learn more about each of the following types of advertising below:
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Twitter / X Ads
Houston Paid Search Advertising
Paid search allows Houston businesses to reach consumers searching for their products or services on Google or Bing within a specific geographic area. These ads allow your business to appear on top of Google searches or Google Maps. This ensures customers find your business first before they find your competitors.
Houston Local Advertising
There are countless options for reaching consumers located in the Houston area. Each advertising option brings opportunities, challenges, and the need to monitor for a positive return on ad spend for the business. If you want to help to grow your business with local Houston ads, please contact Advertisemint. You can learn more about local Houston advertising options here:
- Yelp Ads
- Nextdoor Ads
- iHeartRadio Ads
- Spotify Ads
- Pandora Ads
- Local Cable Ads
- Billboard Advertising
- Houston Metro Advertising
- Direct Mail
“Houston is a city of dreams. It’s a place where anything is possible.” – George H.W. Bush, 41st President of the United States
How to Advertise with Houston Sport Teams
Houston boasts a deep-rooted sports heritage, with fervent supporters who stand by their squads through both triumphs and challenges. Businesses looking for branding and outreach opportunities will find Houston’s sporting landscape fertile ground. The city provides myriad avenues to engage with a diverse fan base spanning basketball to baseball. For insights into advertising collaborations with Houston’s premier sports franchises, reach out to Advertisemint. Discover how you can collaborate with the Astros, Texans, Rockets, and Dynamo.
- Houston Rockets – Competing in the NBA, the Rockets are one of the premier basketball teams in Texas. They play their home games at the Toyota Center, which is known for its modern design and fan-friendly amenities. The Rockets clinched back-to-back NBA Championships in 1994 and 1995. Houston Rockets on Instagram | Houston Rockets on YouTube | Houston Rockets on TikTok
- Houston Texans – Representing Houston in the NFL, the Texans are the city’s proud football representatives. Their home games at NRG Stadium often draw a passionate crowd, rallying behind the team’s iconic bull logo. Houston Texans on Instagram | Houston Texans on YouTube | Houston Texans on TikTok
- Houston Astros – A Major League Baseball team, the Astros have been the pride of Houston’s baseball fans for decades. Minute Maid Park, with its retractable roof, serves as their home ground and is a favorite among baseball enthusiasts. The Astros secured their first World Series title in 2017. Houston Astros on Instagram | Houston Astros on TikTok
- Houston Dynamo – Competing in Major League Soccer, the Dynamo are a force to reckon with on the soccer pitch. Their matches at BBVA Stadium often showcase the city’s love for the beautiful game. The Dynamo have won MLS Cups in 2006 and 2007. Houston Dynamo on Instagram | | Houston Dynamo on YouTube | Houston Dynamo on TikTok
- Houston SaberCats (MLR) – The SaberCats are a Major League Rugby team that plays in the Western Conference. They are the defending MLR champions (2022). Houston SaberCats on Instagram
How to Advertise to Houston Universities, Colleges & Schools
If your business has customers between 13 and 30, you should look at advertising options for Houston students. This youth-focused segment is rapidly changing regarding which social media platforms they use, how they access information, and the technology they utilize daily. Generally, a mobile-first demo, reaching a demo requires a fluid strategy with both content and ads that resonate with the audience. If you want to advertise to students in the Houston area, please contact Advertisemint to discuss the best advertising and marketing options for higher education. The following are some of the most popular schools in Houston:
- University of Houston (UH) – As the primary institution in the University of Houston System, UH is a public research university that boasts a diverse student population. It offers a broad array of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs, and has made significant contributions in various fields, from health to engineering.
UH on Instagram | UH on YouTube
- Rice University – Situated near the heart of Houston, Rice is renowned for its rigorous academic programs, small class sizes, and commitment to undergraduate teaching. The campus, known for its stunning architecture and mature oak trees, creates a serene environment for study and research.
Rice University on Instagram | Rice University on YouTube
- Texas Southern University (TSU) – A historically black university (HBCU), TSU plays a pivotal role in providing access to higher education for diverse groups. It’s known for strong programs in law, pharmacy, business, and the arts.
TSU on Instagram | TSU on YouTube
- Houston Community College (HCC) – HCC is one of the largest community colleges in the Houston area, providing comprehensive educational opportunities, including vocational training and two-year degree programs. It serves diverse populations across multiple campuses throughout the city.
HCC on Instagram | HCC on YouTube
- San Jacinto College – Located in the southeastern part of Houston, San Jacinto College offers a range of academic, technical, and continuing education programs. It has been recognized for its commitment to student success and its role in workforce development.
San Jacinto College on Instagram | San Jacinto College on YouTube
- Baylor College of Medicine (private) – Baylor is a private medical school with a focus on research and education. It is affiliated with the Texas Medical Center.
Baylor College of Medicine on YouTube
Houston High Schools
- Carnegie Vanguard High School – As one of the top-ranked high schools in the nation, Carnegie Vanguard focuses on the needs of gifted and talented students. Carnegie Vanguard is a magnet high school with a focus on STEM education. It is ranked #1 in Houston and #2 in Texas.
Carnegie Vanguard on Instagram
- DeBakey High School for Health Professions -DeBakey High School, in collaboration with Baylor College of Medicine, offers a rigorous curriculum that prepares students for careers in medicine and science, with an emphasis on health sciences and biomedical research.
DeBakey High School on Instagram | DeBakey High School on Youtube
- Bellaire High School – As one of the largest public high schools in Houston, Bellaire High has a long-standing reputation for academic excellence. It offers a range of programs, from world languages to International Baccalaureate (IB) and AP courses.
Bellaire High School on Instagram
How to advertise on Houston metro and public transportation?
From its numerous roadways, bus routes, METRORail light rail, METRORapid bus rapid transit, and growing rideshare presence, Houston’s residents and visitors navigate a multifaceted transportation network daily. Houston’s Metropolitan Transit Authority reports an impressive number of daily ridership on public transit, presenting advertisers with dynamic platforms to reach a broad spectrum of commuters. Whether your focus is on METRORail ads, METRO bus branding, Houston taxi promotions, or spotlighting your brand within the rideshare space of the city, our team at Advertisemint stands ready to guide your strategy. Join us in harnessing the pulse of Houston’s transportation network to elevate your brand’s presence, ensuring every journey resonates with your message.
How to advertise on the radio in Houston?
Houston’s diverse audience tunes into popular radio stations such as KRBE, 94.5 The Bull, 95.7 The Spot, 106.9 The Eagle, and 93Q. Whether commuting, exploring the city’s many parks, or relaxing at home, residents have various news, talk shows, and music at their fingertips. Advertising on Houston radio offers businesses a golden opportunity to connect with local residents in an immersive listening setting. Tailor your advertisements based on stations, musical genres, or broadcasting times. Additionally, with digital platforms like iHeartRadio and Spotify gaining traction, businesses can now micro-target their ads based on zip codes, musical tastes, interests, and more. If you aim to expand your presence in the Houston market through radio advertising, our team at Advertisemint is eager to assist. Let’s work together to craft a successful and resonant radio advertising strategy for your enterprise.
How much does billboard advertising cost in Houston?
As you traverse Houston, whether you’re on Westheimer Road, Main Street, navigating the Katy Freeway, or speeding along the Sam Houston Tollway, one undeniable fixture in the cityscape is the plethora of billboards. Prominent operators like Lamar, Clear Channel, and OutFront Media dominate this large-format advertising space in Houston. In this bustling Texan hub, the cost of billboard advertising typically ranges from $3,000 to $20,000 per month, contingent on factors like traffic density and the billboard’s strategic placement. Savvy advertisers might even snag remnant spaces at a bargain, especially if they’re amenable to flexibility in terms of location and ad duration. Should billboard advertising in Houston be on your agenda, our Advertisemint team stands prepared to support. We’re committed to helping you sculpt the perfect strategy, zero in on the best spots, and ensure that your advertising efforts translate to palpable business gains.
What are the most popular restaurants in Houston?
Houston, often dubbed “The Bayou City,” is not just a hub for energy and business but also a melting pot of diverse culinary experiences. Whether internationally-inspired fine dining, local eateries, fast-food chains, or innovative food trucks, Houston offers many dining choices. Crafting the perfect advertisement for Houston’s restaurants can be intricate, given that you must engage not just the locals but also the influx of tourists and business travelers. Effective restaurant marketing blends location, product, promotional tactics, pricing strategy, and the power of recommendations on social media platforms like Instagram, review sites like Yelp, or local community forums like Nextdoor. If you are enthusiastic about elevating your restaurant’s presence in Houston, contact Advertisemint to connect with a seasoned expert. Here are some top-notch dining spots in Houston for reference:
- Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen – Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen offers a taste of Cajun-inspired seafood dishes in a lively, festive environment. With dishes ranging from crawfish étouffée to jumbo shrimp, it’s a favorite for both locals and visitors.
- Liberty Kitchen & Oysterette – This spot is a haven for seafood lovers, delivering contemporary American cuisine with a focus on fresh catches. Their extensive oyster offerings and relaxed, chic setting make it a city staple.
- Hugo’s – Hugo’s brings the rich flavors of Mexico to Houston, offering dishes from various regions of the country. Whether you’re diving into their mole or sipping on a meticulously crafted margarita, Hugo’s promises an authentic experience.
- Brennan’s of Houston – A Creole restaurant that brings a touch of New Orleans to Texas, Brennan’s is celebrated for dishes like turtle soup and the tableside flambéed Bananas Foster. The ambiance is upscale yet welcoming.
- The Raven Grill – Embodying Southern charm, The Raven Grill serves comfort foods that are hard to resist. The fried chicken and waffles are particularly lauded, and their Sunday brunch is a must-visit.
- State of Grace – State of Grace is a New American restaurant that serves seasonal dishes with a focus on local ingredients. It is known for its roasted chicken, Gulf shrimp scampi, and grilled octopus.
- The Pit Room– The Pit Room is a barbecue restaurant that serves Texas-style brisket, ribs, and sausage. It is known for its long lines and smoky flavors.
Top 10 things to do when you visit Houston?
Houston, fondly referred to as the “Space City,” is a magnetic blend of cosmopolitan flair and Southern charm, drawing innumerable visitors each year. Marketing endeavors aimed at these guests are paramount, covering the city’s museums, theaters, culinary experiences, shopping districts, and beyond. Local enterprises stand to gain immensely by crafting initiatives specifically tailored to this transient audience. Several digital advertising platforms allow precise targeting, zeroing in on non-residents currently in the city and presenting them with compelling offers. For comprehensive guidance on museum promotions, cultural events marketing, or culinary tourism ads in Houston, Advertisemint is your go-to partner. Here’s a handy guide on the must-do activities when in Houston:
- Visit Space Center Houston – The visitor center of NASA’s Johnson Space Center, it’s a must-visit for space enthusiasts. Engage with over 400 space artifacts, including moon rocks and space shuttle simulators.
- Explore Houston Museum of Natural Science – Located in the Museum District, this institution offers numerous permanent exhibits, including a stunning gem and mineral hall, a butterfly center, and a planetarium.
- Go to Houston Zoo – Situated in Hermann Park, this 55-acre zoo is home to over 6,000 animals from 900 species. It’s an educational and fun attraction for visitors of all ages.
- Discover Menil Collection – This art museum houses the private collection of John and Dominique de Menil, featuring works from the ancient era to the present day, including pieces by renowned artists like Picasso and Warhol.
- Visit Buffalo Bayou Park – An urban oasis spanning 160 acres, it offers hiking, biking trails, art installations, and beautiful views of the Houston skyline.
- Relax at Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park – A multi-story sculptural fountain, the Waterwall is a serene spot to relax and take in the mesmerizing flow of water, especially during sunset.
- Go to Downtown Aquarium – More than just an aquarium, this place is an entertainment complex featuring aquatic and geographic exhibits, a restaurant, and thrilling rides.
- Discovery Green – A lush urban park in the heart of downtown Houston, it hosts regular events, art installations, and offers numerous recreational activities.
- Explore The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston – One of the largest art museums in the country, it boasts a diverse collection of artworks spanning 6,000 years of history.
- Walk through Houston’s Street Art and Murals – While not confined to a single website, various tours and guides highlight the city’s vibrant street art culture. The Heights, EaDo, and Midtown neighborhoods, in particular, are bursting with colorful and thought-provoking murals.
The list gives you a taste of Houston’s multifaceted allure. Whether it’s the thrill of roller coasters, nature’s serenity, or space’s magic, Houston promises something for everyone.
Popular social media accounts in Houston you need to follow.
Engaging socially can be a game-changer in creating meaningful connections. Paid social ads seamlessly weave your business into the content-rich tapestry that users are engrossed in. Here’s a compilation of prominent Houston-based social media handles that you’d want to keep tabs on to remain updated on all things Houston:
- @365thingshouston – This account shares photos of things to do in Houston, from restaurants and bars to museums and parks.
- @Houston Chronicle – The leading newspaper in Houston, its Twitter feed provides news updates, feature stories, and other relevant information about the city and the state.
- @Visit Houston – The city’s official tourism account, Visit Houston shares event information, local attractions, and tips for both residents and visitors looking to explore the city.
Everything you need to know about Houston Real Estate advertising.
With tens of thousands of real estate agents in the Houston area, there is constant need for real estate brokers and agents to get their properties in front of the right homebuyers. There are lots of options from targeted paid social and paid search ads, along with local options like Yelp, Google and Nextdoor and then options like direct mail or local cable ads. There are also digital options for real estate such as Realtor Connections, Zillow Real Estate Agency Advertising and the Trulia Real Estate Ad Network. Commercial real estate brokers are now using paid social to promote videos of their properties using LinkedIn ads to reach a B2B audience. Please note that many of the ad platforms have rules and limitations regarding the targeting of individuals while promoting real estate ads based on age, gender, ethnicity and location. The team at AdvertiseMint is happy to help you work through your options and can help you ensure you are generating leads for both home sellers and home buyers. For more detailed information on real estate advertising in Houston, please contact Advertisemint. Here are some of the neighborhoods you need to know about when advertising in Houston.
- Downtown Houston Real Estate Advertising – This is the city’s bustling center, home to many of Houston’s major attractions, skyscrapers, and theaters. You’ll find a mix of corporate professionals and residents enjoying an increasingly vibrant nightlife and cultural scene.
- Montrose Real Estate Advertising – One of the city’s most eclectic neighborhoods, Montrose is famed for its diverse population, LGBT-friendly atmosphere, vintage shopping, and funky cafes. Artistic murals adorn many buildings here.
- The Heights Real Estate Advertising – A historically rich area, the Heights offers a unique blend of vintage stores, charming bungalows, and modern amenities. Its local farmers’ markets and trails make it a favorite among families and young professionals.
- River Oaks Real Estate Advertising – A posh neighborhood known for its luxury homes and manicured lawns, River Oaks is a showcase of opulence. The River Oaks Shopping Center provides high-end retail therapy.
- West University Place Real Estate Advertising – Often referred to as “West U,” this is an affluent residential pocket with an old-town charm. Its proximity to Rice University and the Texas Medical Center makes it a prime spot.
- Museum District Real Estate Advertising – True to its name, this area boasts numerous museums, including the Museum of Fine Arts and the Houston Museum of Natural Science. It’s also close to Hermann Park and the Houston Zoo.
- Greenway/Upper Kirby Real Estate Advertising – This is a rapidly changing neighborhood known for its upscale restaurants and shopping, as well as its accessibility to major freeways and other parts of the city.
- Midtown Real Estate Advertising – Sandwiched between Downtown and the Museum District, Midtown is lively, with a range of pubs, eateries, and parks. It’s a hotspot for young professionals.
- Energy Corridor Real Estate Advertising – Located west of downtown, it’s named for the many energy companies that have their headquarters here. There are also many parks and trails in this suburban-feeling part of the city.
- Clear Lake and Space Center Real Estate Advertising – South of downtown, this area is known for the NASA Johnson Space Center. The neighborhood also features waterfront dining and boating on Clear Lake.
- Chinatown and the International District Real Estate Advertising – Located on Bellaire Boulevard, this is a vibrant hub of Asian culture, offering a multitude of eateries, markets, and stores representing different Asian countries.
- EaDo (East Downtown) Real Estate Advertising – An up-and-coming area, EaDo is known for its edgy vibe, street art, live music venues, and a mix of lofts and townhouses.
Complete guide to annual events in Houston.
When considering advertising for events ranging from concerts, marathons, festivals, or any other gatherings in Houston, it’s essential to understand the local event landscape. Promoting an event in Houston typically requires a head-start of two to nine months, depending on the event’s magnitude and expected audience. To dive deeper into event marketing or for potential sponsorship opportunities, please reach out to Advertisemint. Our dedicated team will guide you seamlessly.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo – March – This is the world’s largest livestock show and rodeo, attracting over 2.5 million visitors each year with concerts, livestock competitions, and rodeo events.
- Art Car Parade – April – A quirky event where decorated vehicles roll through the streets, celebrating the city’s artistic spirit.
- Bayou City Art Festival – March (Memorial Park) & October (Downtown)- Held twice a year, this festival showcases works from hundreds of artists, accompanied by music and food.
- Houston Pride Parade – June- A vibrant celebration of the LGBTQ+ community, drawing hundreds of thousands of attendees to Downtown Houston.
- Houston Greek Festival – October – Experience Greek culture with traditional dance, music, and plenty of delicious food.
- Houston Children’s Festival – April – Touted as the largest children’s festival in the United States, it offers multiple stages and interactive games for families.
- Houston Beer Festival – June – Sample hundreds of beers while enjoying live music performances in the heart of the city.
- Texas Renaissance Festival – October to November – Though it’s just outside Houston, it’s a must-visit. This festival is a journey back to the 16th century with themed weekends, performers, and food.
- Houston International Jazz Festival – August – Celebrate jazz and its influence in Houston with international and local acts taking the stage.
- Lights in the Heights – December -A holiday event in the Woodland Heights neighborhood, where homes are decorated with festive lights and offer live performances.
How to advertise a professional service business in Houston?
There are so many professional service providers in Houston that it can become crowded and difficult for many consumers to find your business. If you are a lawyer, doctor, dentist, contractor, accountant, or work in childcare, food services, event planning, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, roofing, HVAC, waste removal, or security services – then you need to be advertising your services. You must ensure you have local pages created on Google Local and Yelp and paid ads to ensure customers see your business first. You should also run paid search and social ads so individuals can visually see and experience your business’s services in Houston. If you need help advertising your service-based business in Houston, please contact Advertisemint and speak with one of our advertising experts.
Houston government advertising
Countless municipal and government departments often have highly specific advertising needs in the Houston area. If you are a Houston politician running for office or work in a Houston-based government division and need assistance with setting up marketing campaigns, advertising campaigns, or any creative elements like videos, photography, or graphic design, AdvertiseMint can help you build a strategy, accommodate any government regulations, place the media and report back on the KPIs required for success and return on investment. For reference, here are a few of the top government resources for Houston.
- City of Houston Official Website
- Houston Chamber of Commerce
- Houston Mayor’s Office
- Houston City Council
- Houston Police Department
- Houston Fire Department
- Houston Sheriff Department
- Houston Controller
- Houston Water Department
- Houston Parks and Recreation
What is the Best Houston Ad Agency?
We believe AdvertiseMint is the best Houston advertising agency. AdvertiseMint brings a full team of advertising experts, including account managers, media buyers, copywriters, and creative experts in video production, editing, photography, graphic design, and data analysis to ensure our metrics are met. We would love the opportunity to help grow your business.
Disclaimer: AdvertiseMint is an advertising agency that provides advertising and marketing services to businesses located in Houston. The details provided on this page are for informational purposes and to help explain the services we provide for our clients. AdvertiseMint has no affiliation or exclusive partnerships with the city of Houston, tourist locations, government divisions, sports teams, educational institutions, annual events, restaurants, or other businesses mentioned on this page.