Indianapolis is a vibrant city with a rich history and culture. It is home to over 887,000 residents and welcomes over 29 million visitors annually. This makes it a great place to grow your business, but it also means you must be strategic about your marketing. An Indianapolis advertising agency such as Advertisemint can help you reach your target audience with the right message at the right time.
Best ways to advertise in Indianapolis
Indianapolis is a vibrant city, and your business will need a marketing strategy to break through the noise. Indianapolis residents are bombarded with daily social media ads, search ads, billboards, TV ads, and radio ads. It’s essential that your advertising dollars are being spent efficiently. Here are some of the most popular Indianapolis advertising options for businesses.
Indianapolis Paid Social Advertising
Paid social allows Indianapolis businesses to reach consumers directly in their area. This is done by geo-targeted ads targeting a specific zip code or a one-mile radius around a single point. Advertisers can also target aspects like interests, behaviors, or custom audiences of their customers, prospects, or visitors. You can learn more about each of the following types of advertising below:
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Twitter / X Ads
Indianapolis Paid Search Advertising
Paid search allows Indianapolis businesses to reach consumers searching for their products or services on Google or Bing within a specific geographic area. These ads allow your business to appear on top of Google searches or Google Maps. This ensures customers find your business first before they find your competitors.
Indianapolis Local Advertising
There are countless options for reaching consumers located in the Indianapolis area. Each advertising option brings opportunities, challenges, and the need to monitor for a positive return on ad spend for the business. If you want to help to grow your business with local Indianapolis ads, please contact Advertisemint. You can learn more about local Indianapolis advertising options here:
- Yelp Ads
- Nextdoor Ads
- iHeartRadio Ads
- Spotify Ads
- Pandora Ads
- Local Cable Ads
- Billboard Advertising
- Indianapolis Metro Advertising
- Direct Mail
“Indianapolis is a city of speed, dreams, and possibilities.” – Jim Morris, Mayor of Indianapolis
How to Advertise with Indianapolis Sport Teams?
Indianapolis, also known as the Circle City, is a major sports hub, hosting numerous teams and high-profile events. This allows businesses to tap into diverse fan bases and sponsor, advertise, and reach a wide audience. If you’re keen to delve into the advertising opportunities with Indianapolis sports teams, reach out to Advertisemint today to understand more about promoting with the Colts, Pacers, Indians, and more.
- Indianapolis Colts – Competing in the NFL, the Colts have been a fixture in Indianapolis since 1984 after relocating from Baltimore. Their dedicated fan base celebrates their rich history, including their victory in Super Bowl XLI. The Colts clinched the championship title in Super Bowl XLI. Colts on Instagram | Colts on YouTube | Colts on TikTok
- Indiana Pacers – Representing Indianapolis in the NBA, the Pacers have a storied history filled with competitive play and iconic players, making them a beloved team in the Hoosier state. They have won three championships in the ABA. Pacers on Instagram | Pacers on YouTube | Pacers on TikTok
- Indiana Fever – As part of the WNBA, the
- Fever have showcased exceptional talent and determination on the court since their inception in 2000. The Fever were crowned WNBA champions in 2012. Fever on Instagram | Fever on Youtube | Fever on TikTok
- Indy Eleven – This soccer team, playing in the USL Championship league, has quickly garnered a passionate following since its establishment in 2013, representing Indiana’s love for the beautiful game. Indy Eleven on Instagram | | Indy Eleven on YouTube | Indy Eleven on TikTok
- Indianapolis Indians – This Minor League Baseball team, affiliated with the Pittsburgh Pirates, has been a part of the Indianapolis community since the early 20th century, offering baseball fans a consistent dose of action and entertainment. Indians on Instagram | | Indians on YouTube | Indians on TikTok
- Indy Fuel (ECHL) – The Fuel are a professional ice hockey team based in Indianapolis. They compete in the ECHL, the third tier of the American ice hockey league. The Fuel play their home games at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Indy Fuel on Instagram | Indy Fuel on YouTube
How to Advertise to Indianapolis Universities, Colleges & Schools?
If your business has customers between 13 and 30, you should look at advertising options for Indianapolis students. This youth-focused segment is rapidly changing regarding which social media platforms they use, how they access information, and the technology they utilize daily. Generally, a mobile-first demo, reaching a demo requires a fluid strategy with both content and ads that resonate with the audience. If you want to advertise to students in the Indianapolis area, please contact Advertisemint to discuss the best advertising and marketing options for higher education. The following are some of the most popular schools in Indianapolis:
- Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) – Situated in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, IUPUI is a leading urban research institution that combines the strengths of Indiana University and Purdue University. With over 200 degree programs, it offers students the opportunity to achieve their academic and research aspirations in various fields. IUPUI on Instagram | IUPUI on YouTube | IUPUI on TikTok
- Butler University – Established in 1855, Butler is a renowned institution known for its commitment to integrating liberal arts and professional education. Its picturesque campus provides a collaborative learning environment, and its athletic teams, the Bulldogs, have made notable strides in NCAA basketball tournaments. Butler University on Instagram | Butler University on YouTube | Butler University on TikTok
- University of Indianapolis – A private institution founded in 1902, the University of Indianapolis offers more than 100 undergraduate programs and a plethora of graduate disciplines. With a commitment to community engagement and experiential learning, UIndy is deeply rooted in fostering holistic development in its students. University of Indianapolis on Instagram | University of Indianapolis on YouTube
- Ivy Tech Community College – As Indiana’s largest public post-secondary institution, Ivy Tech in Indianapolis serves as a primary access point for higher education. It focuses on workforce development and offers associate degrees and certificates in various professional fields. Ivy Tech on Instagram | Ivy Tech on YouTube | Ivy Tech on TikTok
- International Business College – This institution offers specialized associate degrees and diplomas. With a history that spans over 100 years, IBC remains committed to providing career-focused programs in areas like business, technology, and health care.
- Franklin College – Franklin College is a private liberal arts college founded in 1834. It has about 1,400 students and offers undergraduate programs in a variety of fields, including business, education, and the arts. Franklin is known for its strong academic reputation and its commitment to experiential learning. Franklin College on Instagram | Franklin College on YouTube
Indianapolis High Schools
- Carmel High School – Located just north of Indianapolis, Carmel High School boasts a strong reputation for its rigorous academics, extracurriculars, and athletic programs. The school has been recognized both statewide and nationally for excellence in education. Carmel High School on Instagram
- North Central High School – As part of the Washington Township district, North Central High School has a diverse student body and offers various AP courses and extracurricular activities. Its fine arts programs, especially music and theater, have garnered attention. North Central High School on Youtube
- Zionsville Community High School – Situated northwest of Indianapolis, Zionsville Community High offers a well-rounded education with an emphasis on college preparation. The school consistently ranks among the best in the state and has strong athletic and academic teams. Zionsville Community High School on Instagram
How to advertise on the Indianapolis metro and public transportation?
Indianapolis, known for its iconic landmarks like the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the Indiana Statehouse, is serviced by a comprehensive network of transportation systems. From buses that traverse the city to the modern IndyGo Red Line rapid transit, taxis, and a growing presence of ride-sharing options, Indianapolis provides advertisers with ample opportunities to target diverse commuters. According to the Indianapolis Public Transportation Corporation (IndyGo), over 80,000 passengers ride public transportation daily. Interested in leveraging these platforms for advertising? Whether it’s IndyGo bus advertising, Red Line advertising, Indy taxi branding, or ride-sharing promotions in the Circle City, the professionals at AdvertiseMint are ready to design a campaign tailored for the Indianapolis transportation audience.
How to advertise on the radio in Indianapolis?
Indianapolis offers a rich radio landscape with its vibrant lifestyle and diverse population. Stations like WFYI, WISH-FM, and WNDE provide the city’s residents with a mix of news, talk shows, and a wide array of music. Radio advertising in Indianapolis offers a compelling avenue for businesses to connect with locals, whether driving down the Monon Trail or working at one of the city’s numerous establishments. Businesses can target their audience by choosing the right station based on the type of music, the time of day, or even the specific shows. Furthermore, with the advent of digital streaming platforms like Pandora and Spotify, businesses can also target ads more granularly by zip codes, music preferences, interests, and other demographics.
How much does billboard advertising cost in Indianapolis?
Whether you are driving down I-65, I-70, or one of the other major roads in Indianapolis, you are guaranteed to see billboards. Most Indianapolis billboards are owned by large networks such as Lamar, Reagan Outdoor Advertising, or Billboards In Motion. The average price of billboards in Indianapolis is between $1,000 to $25,000 per month and is based on the traffic and desirability of the location. Many of the networks offer remnant or lower cost options if you are flexible on the locations of billboards and the time they are displayed. If you want to run billboard ads in the Indianapolis area for your business, the team at AdvertiseMint can help you build your ideal strategy, determine the best locations, and ensure your campaigns are executed and provide a positive return on investment.
What are the most popular restaurants in Indianapolis?
Indianapolis, famed for its racing history and cultural attractions, also boasts a culinary scene that is quickly gaining national acclaim. From classic dishes like pork tenderloin sandwiches to trendy new restaurants serving up innovative cuisine, Indianapolis truly offers something for everyone. Advertising for restaurants in Indianapolis is no easy task. With a city that sees millions of visitors annually combined with its dedicated local residents, striking the right note with your advertising can be challenging. Focus on strategies that highlight the unique features of your restaurant, reviews, location, and value for money.
If you aim to elevate your restaurant’s presence in the Indianapolis scene, consider contacting AdvertiseMint for expert advice. For your perusal, here are some of the most acclaimed restaurants in Indianapolis:
- Mister C’s Steakhouse – This steakhouse is known for its dry-aged steaks and excellent service. The steaks are sourced from some of the best farms in the country, and the menu also features a variety of seafood, pasta, and chops.
- St. Elmo Steak House – Established in 1902, St. Elmo Steak House is one of Indianapolis’s oldest and most well-known restaurants. It’s famous for its exceptional steaks and iconic shrimp cocktail.
- Bluebeard – Located in a renovated 1924 factory warehouse, Bluebeard serves contemporary American cuisine made from local ingredients. The restaurant’s name is a nod to the Kurt Vonnegut novel of the same name.
- La Catrina – This Mexican restaurant serves up traditional dishes with a modern twist. The menu features everything from tacos and burritos to mole and enchiladas.
- Nada – This restaurant serves up tapas and small plates with a focus on Spanish cuisine. The tapas are perfect for sharing, and the menu also features a variety of sangria and other Spanish wines.
- Milktooth – A trendy brunch spot, Milktooth is known for its innovative dishes that put a unique spin on classic breakfast items. It has received national recognition from Bon Appétit and Food & Wine.
- The Eagle’s Nest – This restaurant is located on the rooftop of the Hyatt Regency Hotel and offers stunning city views. The menu features American cuisine with a focus on seafood.
- Tinker Street – Offering a seasonal menu with a wine list to match, Tinker Street is a gem in the Herron-Morton neighborhood. The restaurant is renowned for its commitment to local produce and its vegan and vegetarian options.
Top 10 things to do when you visit Indianapolis?
Indianapolis, often called the “Racing Capital of the World,” sees millions of tourists yearly, keen to experience its unique blend of history, culture, and sporting events. Therefore, it’s crucial for businesses, ranging from hotels to restaurants and tour operators, to have a specific strategy to tap into this ever-flowing stream of potential customers. Many advertising platforms allow geo-targeted promotions, enabling businesses to focus on visitors rather than just residents. To capitalize on the tourism boom, contact AdvertiseMint for expert help. Here are some top attractions and activities in Indianapolis:
- Visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway – This iconic racetrack is home to the Indianapolis 500, one of the most famous races in the world. You can take a tour of the track, visit the Hall of Fame Museum, or watch a race.
- Explore the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis – This is the largest children’s museum in the world, with over 140,000 square feet of exhibits. There are exhibits on everything from dinosaurs to space exploration.
- Learn about Indiana history at the Indiana State Museum – This museum tells the story of Indiana from its prehistoric origins to the present day. There are exhibits on everything from Native American culture to the Civil War.
- See the animals at the Indianapolis Zoo – This zoo is home to over 1,800 animals from around the world. There are exhibits on everything from African elephants to polar bears.
- Walk or bike the Indianapolis Cultural Trail – This 8-mile trail connects many of Indianapolis’s cultural attractions, including the Children’s Museum, the Indiana State Museum, and the Indianapolis Museum of Art. Take a stroll through White River State Park – This park is home to several attractions, including the Indianapolis Museum of Art, the Indianapolis Cultural Trail and the Indianapolis Zoo. There are also several fountains and gardens in the park.
- Go to Indianapolis Museum of Art – This museum houses a collection of over 54,000 works of art, including paintings, sculptures, and decorative arts.
- See a show at the Murat Theatre at Old National Centre – This theater is home to Broadway shows, concerts, and other performances.
- Catch a game at Lucas Oil Stadium – This stadium is home to the Indianapolis Colts NFL team and the Indianapolis University Hoosiers NCAA Division I FBS football team.
- Visit Monument Circle – At the heart of downtown Indianapolis, this iconic landmark is a testament to the city’s rich history. It’s also home to the Soldiers and Sailors Monument, offering views of the city from its observation deck
- Eagle Creek Park – Eagle Creek offers hiking, bird-watching, and water activities. It’s a great spot for those looking to enjoy nature without leaving the city.
The list gives you a taste of Indianapolis’s multifaceted allure. Whether it’s the thrill of roller coasters, nature’s serenity, or space’s magic, Indianapolis promises something for everyone.
Popular social media accounts in Indianapolis you need to follow
Engaging socially can be a game-changer in creating meaningful connections. Paid social ads seamlessly weave your business into the content-rich tapestry that users are engrossed in. Here’s a compilation of prominent Indianapolis-based social media handles that you’d want to keep tabs on to remain updated on all things Indianapolis:
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway – The official account for the iconic racing venue. Follow for updates on events, behind-the-scenes content, and all things racing in Indianapolis.
- Visit Indy – The city’s official tourism account offers breathtaking photos of Indianapolis, showcasing its attractions, events, and hidden gems.
- IndyStar – The digital presence of Indianapolis’s primary newspaper. A go-to for breaking news, in-depth stories, and updates on city happenings..
Everything you need to know about Indianapolis Real Estate advertising
With tens of thousands of real estate agents in the Indianapolis area, there is constant need for real estate brokers and agents to get their properties in front of the right homebuyers. There are lots of options from targeted paid social and paid search ads, along with local options like Yelp, Google and Nextdoor and then options like direct mail or local cable ads. There are also digital options for real estate such as Realtor Connections, Zillow Real Estate Agency Advertising and the Trulia Real Estate Ad Network. Commercial real estate brokers are now using paid social to promote videos of their properties using LinkedIn ads to reach a B2B audience. Please note that many of the ad platforms have rules and limitations regarding the targeting of individuals while promoting real estate ads based on age, gender, ethnicity and location. The team at AdvertiseMint is happy to help you work through your options and can help you ensure you are generating leads for both home sellers and home buyers.
For more detailed information on real estate advertising in Indianapolis, please contact Advertisemint. Here are some of the neighborhoods you need to know about when advertising in Indianapolis.
- Broad Ripple Real Estate Advertising – This vibrant neighborhood is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and bars. It is a popular spot for young professionals and college students. The main drag is called Broad Ripple Avenue, which is lined with shops and restaurants. There are also several parks and a movie theater in the neighborhood.
- Downtown Indianapolis Real Estate Advertising – This historic district is home to the Indiana Statehouse, the Indianapolis Museum of Art, and the Indianapolis Zoo. It is a popular tourist destination. The heart of downtown is Monument Circle, which is surrounded by several government buildings and the Soldiers and Sailors Monument. There are also several museums and theaters in the area.
- Fountain Square Real Estate Advertising – This artsy neighborhood is home to a variety of art galleries, studios, and shops. It is a popular spot for creative professionals. The main drag is Virginia Avenue, lined with art galleries and studios. There are also several restaurants and bars in the area.
- Mass Ave Real Estate Advertising – This trendy neighborhood is home to a variety of restaurants, bars, and shops. It is a popular spot for young professionals and college students. The main drag is called Massachusetts Avenue, which is lined with restaurants, bars, and shops. There are also several art galleries and theaters in the area.
- Northside Village Real Estate Advertising – This family-friendly neighborhood is home to a variety of parks, schools, and businesses. It is a popular spot for families with young children. The main drag is called East 96th Street, which is lined with shops and restaurants. There are also several parks and schools in the area.
- Old Northside Real Estate Advertising – This historic neighborhood is home to a variety of Victorian-era homes. It is a popular spot for young professionals and families. The main drag is called College Avenue, which is lined with shops and restaurants. There are also several parks and schools in the area.
- Herron-Morton Place Real Estate Advertising – This historic neighborhood is home to a variety of Art Deco buildings. It is a popular spot for artists and musicians. The main drag is called East 38th Street, which is lined with shops and restaurants. There are also several art galleries and theaters in the area.
- Maplewood-Fall Creek Parkway Real Estate Advertising – This family-friendly neighborhood is home to a variety of parks, schools, and businesses. It is a popular spot for families with young children. The main drag is called Fall Creek Parkway, which is lined with shops and restaurants. There are also several parks and schools in the area.
- Woodruff Place Real Estate Advertising – This historic neighborhood is home to a variety of Victorian-era homes. It is a popular spot for young professionals and families. The main drag is called Central Avenue, which is lined with shops and restaurants. There are also several parks and schools in the area..
Complete guide to annual events in Indianapolis
Knowing the city’s major annual events is crucial when advertising for a concert, show, festival, or special event in Indianapolis. If you’re targeting an audience in the Indianapolis vicinity, starting promotions two to nine months prior, depending on the event’s magnitude and expected turnout, is advisable. If you want insights into event marketing or seek sponsorship opportunities for a local event, the team at Advertisemint is ready to assist..
- Indianapolis 500 – late May – Often called “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing”, the Indy 500 is a long-standing tradition and one of the most famous motor races in the world.
- Indiana State Fair – first two weeks of August- A multi-day event that celebrates Indiana’s agriculture, craftsmanship, and cuisine with a variety of attractions and concerts.
- Circle of Lights – late November – A festive event that marks the beginning of the holiday season with the lighting of the Soldiers & Sailors Monument.
- Devour Indy – (January-February) or August- A city-wide dining event offering special menus and discounted prices at many of Indianapolis’ best restaurants.
- Gen Con – early August – The largest tabletop game convention in North America, attracting fans of board games, card games, and role-playing games.
- Heartland International Film Festival – Mid-October – Celebrating independent filmmakers, this festival showcases a range of films from around the globe.
- Penrod Arts Fair – September – Dubbed “Indiana’s Nicest Day”, it’s one of the nation’s largest single-day arts fairs.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade – March 17 -Celebrating the Irish spirit with a parade, block party, and various fun activities.
- Broad Ripple Art Fair – Mid-May -A popular art fair showcasing the work of more than 200 artists and craftsmen.
- Indianapolis Pride Festival – June – Celebrating the LGBTQ+ community, it’s a vibrant event with a parade, live performances, and more.
How to advertise a professional service business in Indianapolis?
There are so many professional service providers in Indianapolis that it can become crowded and difficult for many consumers to find your business. If you are a lawyer, doctor, dentist, contractor, accountant, or work in childcare, food services, event planning, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, roofing, HVAC, waste removal, or security services – then you need to be advertising your services. You must ensure you have local pages created on Google Local and Yelp and paid ads to ensure customers see your business first. You should also run paid search and social ads so individuals can visually see and experience your business’s services in Indianapolis. If you need help advertising your service-based business in Indianapolis, please contact Advertisemint and speak with one of our advertising experts.
Indianapolis government advertising
Countless municipal and government departments often have highly specific advertising needs in the Indianapolis area. If you are an Indianapolis politician running for office or work in an Indianapolis-based government division and need assistance with setting up marketing campaigns, advertising campaigns, or any creative elements like videos, photography, or graphic design, AdvertiseMint can help you build a strategy, accommodate any government regulations, place the media and report back on the KPIs required for success and return on investment. For reference, here are a few of the top government resources for Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce
- City of Indianapolis and Marion County
- Indianapolis Mayor’s Office
- Indianapolis City-County Council
- Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD)
- Indianapolis Fire Department
- Indianapolis Department of Public Works (DPW)
- Indianapolis Department of Parks and Recreation
- Indianapolis Office of Public Health and Safety
- Indianapolis Office of Finance and Management
- Indianapolis Metropolitan Planning Organization (IMPO)
What is the Best Indianapolis Ad Agency?
We believe AdvertiseMint is the best Indianapolis Ad agency. AdvertiseMint brings a full team of advertising experts, including account managers, media buyers, copywriters, and creative experts in video production, editing, photography, graphic design, and data analysis to ensure our metrics are met. We would love the opportunity to help grow your business.
Disclaimer: AdvertiseMint is an advertising agency that provides advertising and marketing services to businesses located in Indianapolis. The details provided on this page are for informational purposes and to help explain the services we provide for our clients. AdvertiseMint has no affiliation or exclusive partnerships with the city of Indianapolis, tourist locations, government divisions, sports teams, educational institutions, annual events, restaurants, or other businesses mentioned on this page.