With a rich tapestry of culture and history, New Orleans draws millions of visitors annually. For businesses aiming to thrive in the Crescent City, partnering with a New Orleans advertising agency like Advertisemint ensures your narrative resonates with the right audience in the most timely and effective manner.
Best ways to advertise in New Orleans
New Orleans is a vibrant city, and your business will need a marketing strategy to break through the noise. New Orleans residents are bombarded with daily social media ads, search ads, billboards, TV ads, and radio ads. It’s essential that your advertising dollars are being spent efficiently. Here are some of the most popular New Orleans advertising options for businesses.
New Orleans Paid Social Advertising
Paid social allows New Orleans businesses to reach consumers directly in their area. This is done by geo-targeted ads targeting a specific zip code or a one-mile radius around a single point. Advertisers can also target aspects like interests, behaviors, or custom audiences of their customers, prospects, or visitors. You can learn more about each of the following types of advertising below:
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Twitter / X Ads
New Orleans Paid Search Advertising
Paid search allows New Orleans businesses to reach consumers searching for their products or services on Google or Bing within a specific geographic area. These ads allow your business to appear on top of Google searches or Google Maps. This ensures customers find your business first before they find your competitors.
New Orleans Local Advertising
There are countless options for reaching consumers located in the New Orleans area. Each advertising option brings opportunities, challenges, and the need to monitor for a positive return on ad spend for the business. If you want to help to grow your business with local New Orleans ads, please contact Advertisemint. You can learn more about local New Orleans advertising options here:
- Yelp Ads
- Nextdoor Ads
- iHeartRadio Ads
- Spotify Ads
- Pandora Ads
- Local Cable Ads
- Billboard Advertising
- New Orleans Metro Advertising
- Direct Mail
“New Orleans is like a woman. She’s beautiful, she’s tough, and she’s always full of surprises.” – John Kennedy Toole
How to Advertise with New Orleans Sports Teams?
In New Orleans, the heartbeats of many locals sync with the rhythms of their beloved sports teams. The city is a hub of athletic passion and tradition. For businesses keen on connecting with a fervent audience, the sports scene in New Orleans offers various opportunities to sponsor, advertise, and engage with fans during matches and throughout the season. If you want to penetrate the New Orleans sports market, contact Advertisemint now to understand your advertising prospects with the New Orleans Saints, New Orleans Pelicans, New Orleans Jesters, and the New Orleans Baby Cakes.
- New Orleans Saints (NFL) – The New Orleans Saints are an American professional football team based in New Orleans. Competing in the National Football League (NFL) as a member of the league’s National Football Conference (NFC) South division, they play their home games at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
New Orleans Saints on Instagram | New Orleans Saints on YouTube | New Orleans Saints on TikTok
- New Orleans Pelicans (NBA) – Representing New Orleans in the NBA, the Pelicans have garnered a dedicated fan base. The Smoothie King Center serves as their home court.
New Orleans Pelicans on Instagram | New Orleans Pelicans on YouTube | New Orleans Pelicans on TikTok
- New Orleans Jesters (NPSL) – The New Orleans Jesters are a soccer team competing in the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL). They play their matches at Pan American Stadium.
New Orleans Jesters on Instagram
- New Orleans Baby Cakes (MiLB, prior to 2020) – The New Orleans Baby Cakes, before their move and rebranding as the Wichita Wind Surge, were a Minor League Baseball team of the Pacific Coast League and the Triple-A affiliate of the Miami Marlins. They used to play their home games at the Shrine on Airline.
New Orleans Baby Cakes on Instagram
How to Advertise to New Orleans Universities, Colleges & Schools?
If your business targets customers between 13 and 30, consider advertising avenues that resonate with New Orleans students. This demographic is perpetually evolving, from the social media platforms they prefer to the technology they integrate into their daily routines. Since they are predominantly mobile-first users, successful engagement demands a dynamic strategy comprising content and ads that appeal to them. For businesses aspiring to reach students in the New Orleans region, kindly get in touch with Advertisemint for the finest advertising and marketing approaches tailored for higher education. Here are some of the most prominent educational institutions in New Orleans:
New Orleans Universities
- Tulane University – A prestigious private research university, Tulane is renowned for its rich culture, various programs, and strong community service and research emphasis.
Tulane on Instagram | Tulane on YouTube | Tulane on TikTok
- Loyola University New Orleans – A private Jesuit university, Loyola is well-regarded for its arts, law, and business programs, rooted in the Jesuit tradition of educating the whole person.
Loyola on Instagram | Loyola on YouTube | Loyola on TikTok
- University of New Orleans (UNO) – A public urban research university, UNO is known for its commitment to diversity, research, and deep connection with the city’s culture.
UNO on Instagram | UNO on YouTube
New Orleans Colleges
- Delgado Community College – One of the city’s revered community colleges, Delgado offers many academic and vocational programs catering to local and international students.
Delgado on Instagram | Delgado on YouTube
- Nunez Community College – Located in nearby Chalmette, Nunez is committed to preparing students for the workforce with career-focused courses and training.
Nunez on Instagram | Nunez on YouTube
New Orleans High Schools
- Benjamin Franklin High School – Recognized for its stellar academic programs and extracurricular activities, Benjamin Franklin High School stands as one of the top public high schools in the state.
Benjamin Franklin on Instagram | Benjamin Franklin on Youtube
- The Willow School – Lusher is praised for its emphasis on the arts and its academically rigorous environment.
Lusher on Instagram
- New Orleans Charter Science and Mathematics High School (Sci High) – Sci High is lauded for its commitment to STEM education and holistic learning approach.
Sci High on Instagram
How to advertise on New Orleans metro and public transportation?
With its iconic streetcars, buses, ferries, bike lanes, and ride-sharing options, New Orleans offers its residents and tourists a rich tapestry of transportation modes. According to the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority, public transportation in the city sees thousands of boardings daily, marking it as a promising avenue for advertisers seeking high visibility and outreach. For those aiming to tap into New Orleans Streetcar advertising, New Orleans Bus advertising, New Orleans taxi advertising, New Orleans rideshare advertising, or any other transit medium in Crescent City, the team at AdvertiseMint is eager to assist. We’re poised to tailor an effective transportation advertising strategy to elevate your brand presence and drive tangible growth in the New Orleans metropolitan area.
How to advertise on the radio in New Orleans?
With an array of radio options, including WWL, WQUE, WWOZ, WRNO, B97, and Magic 101.9, New Orleans residents are never short of choices for news, talk shows, and music, whether they’re driving through the city or working in the heart of the French Quarter. Radio advertising in New Orleans offers a distinct platform for businesses to interact with locals in a setting where they are actively engaged. Advertising on New Orleans radio can be tailored based on the station, musical genre, and broadcasting time. Furthermore, with the advent of digital streaming, platforms such as Pandora and Spotify present innovative advertising solutions. These digital options allow ads to be pinpointed by zip codes, musical genres, specific interests, DMAs, and more. If you’re keen on amplifying your business presence in the New Orleans area through radio advertising, the specialists at AdvertiseMint are here to assist. We are dedicated to ensuring your radio advertising strategies and creatives are set in motion and yield profitable returns for your venture.
How much does billboard advertising cost in New Orleans?
Whether you’re cruising down Canal Street, Magazine Street, St. Charles Avenue, or navigating the expressway by the Mississippi River, one prominent feature of New Orleans’ landscape is its billboards. Big networks like Lamar, Clear Channel, or OutFront Media maintain most billboards in New Orleans. In New Orleans, billboard prices typically range from $1,500 to $15,000 per month, contingent upon the traffic volume and the allure of the billboard’s location. Many of these networks offer remnant spaces, which are more affordable options, particularly if you’re adaptable regarding the billboard’s location and the display duration. For those considering billboard advertising in the Crescent City for their businesses, the AdvertiseMint team stands ready to assist. We can help crystallize your strategic vision, pinpoint the optimal billboard locations, and ensure your campaigns launch smoothly and yield a favorable return on investment.
What are the most popular restaurants in New Orleans?
New Orleans, the heartbeat of Creole culture, has a rich and diverse culinary landscape. The city offers a flavor for every palate, from upscale establishments to casual eateries and cherished food trucks. Advertising in such a competitive restaurant landscape is intricate. Achieving success means captivating locals, who deeply love their traditional dishes, and tourists, many of whom are on a gastronomic adventure. Effective restaurant marketing encompasses a strong blend of place, product, promotion, price, and people. Embracing the power of digital especially reviews on platforms like Yelp, Google, and Nextdoor, can make a significant difference.
If you’re eager to expand your restaurant’s footprint in New Orleans, consider consulting with AdvertiseMint for expert advice. Here’s a snapshot of some renowned restaurants in New Orleans:
- Commander’s Palace – Located at 1403 Washington Ave, this iconic restaurant offers classic Creole dishes in an upscale setting. Founded in 1880, it’s a celebrated cornerstone of the city’s dining scene.
- Café du Monde – World-famous for its beignets and café au lait, this French Market staple, established in 1862, remains a must-visit.
- Antoine’s Restaurant – Founded in 1840, this French-Creole restaurant at 713 Saint Louis St. is the oldest continuously operating restaurant in New Orleans.
- Acme Oyster House – With its origins in 1910, Acme serves some of the best oysters in town and boasts a lively atmosphere.
- Mother’s Restaurant – Situated at 401 Poydras St, Mother’s has been serving hearty Po’ boys and comfort foods since 1938.
- Cochon – This 930 Tchoupitoulas St establishment is renowned for its Southern Cajun dishes and has been a favorite since its 2006 inception.
- Willie Mae’s Scotch House – Renowned for what many declare the ‘best fried chicken,’ this Treme establishment has existed since the 1950s.
- Galatoire’s – Operating since 1905 on 209 Bourbon St, Galatoire’s offers an authentic New Orleans dining experience with Creole specialties.
- French Truck Coffee – With multiple locations, this local favorite offers handcrafted coffee beverages and is a great place to relax or work.
- Central Grocery and Deli – Home of the original Muffuletta, this old-school Italian deli on 923 Decatur St has been a city fixture since 1906.
Top 10 things to do when you visit New Orleans
With countless tourists flocking to New Orleans annually, targeting advertisements towards these visitors is critical, especially for attractions, events, accommodations, dining, and more. Establishing a dedicated advertising strategy that reaches tourists visiting specific regions is paramount. Many online advertising platforms allow businesses to target users present in a certain area but not residing there. This constant influx of tourists presents a significant revenue opportunity for local businesses. For assistance regarding hotel, tourism, or transportation advertising in the New Orleans area, please reach out to AdvertiseMint. For your reference, here are some must-do activities when visiting New Orleans:
- French Quarter – As the city’s historic heart, the French Quarter is known for its vibrant nightlife, colorful buildings, and the iconic Bourbon Street with many bars and clubs.
- Jackson Square – This historic park in the French Quarter is famous for its beautiful gardens, street artists, and the stunning St. Louis Cathedral.
- Steamboat Natchez Cruise – Experience the Mississippi River aboard an authentic paddle-wheel steamboat while enjoying live jazz.
- Garden District – Explore this picturesque neighborhood renowned for its well-preserved antebellum mansions and iconic southern charm.
- Café du Monde – Visit this historic café known for its beignets and café au lait. An essential pit stop for every visitor.
- Preservation Hall – A musical venue in the French Quarter dedicated to preserving New Orleans Jazz.
- Haunted Tours – Dive into the spooky side of New Orleans with a ghost tour, visiting some of the city’s most haunted locations.
- The National WWII Museum – Acclaimed as one of the best WWII museums in the world, it offers an immersive experience of the global conflict.
- Mardi Gras World – Get a behind-the-scenes look at the world of Mardi Gras, where you can see how the grand floats are made.
- Swamp Tours – Venture into Louisiana’s wild wetlands on a swamp tour to encounter alligators, birds, and the unique ecosystem of the bayou.
Popular social media accounts in New Orleans you need to follow
Staying connected via social media can provide a unique lens into the vibrant heart of a city. By placing paid ads on these platforms, businesses can seamlessly integrate their promotions amid content actively captivating users. For a deep dive into the spirit and happenings of New Orleans, consider following these top local accounts:
- @NOLAnews – This is the account for The Times-Picayune | The New Orleans Advocate, which offers comprehensive news coverage on everything from local events to politics.
- @GoNOLA504 – Managed by New Orleans Tourism, this account offers a picturesque insight into the city’s attractions, food scenes, and must-visit spots.
- @WhereNOLA – Where New Orleans is a trusted guide to everything happening in the city, from dining and culture to shopping and entertainment.
- @EaterNOLA – A haven for food enthusiasts, this account showcases the rich culinary landscape of New Orleans, spotlighting both iconic eateries and emerging hotspots.
Everything you need to know about New Orleans Real Estate advertising.
With tens of thousands of real estate agents in the New Orleans area, there is constant need for real estate brokers and agents to get their properties in front of the right homebuyers. There are lots of options from targeted paid social and paid search ads, along with local options like Yelp, Google and Nextdoor and then options like direct mail or local cable ads. There are also digital options for real estate such as Realtor Connections, Zillow Real Estate Agency Advertising and the Trulia Real Estate Ad Network. Commercial real estate brokers are now using paid social to promote videos of their properties using LinkedIn ads to reach a B2B audience. Please note that many of the ad platforms have rules and limitations regarding the targeting of individuals while promoting real estate ads based on age, gender, ethnicity and location. The team at AdvertiseMint is happy to help you work through your options and can help you ensure you are generating leads for both home sellers and home buyers.
For more detailed information on real estate advertising in New Orleans, please contact Advertisemint. Here are some of the neighborhoods you need to know about when advertising in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- French Quarter Real Estate Advertising – The heart of New Orleans, the French Quarter is renowned for its vibrant nightlife, colorful buildings, and historic sites like Jackson Square. Bourbon Street is always pulsating with life, drawing tourists from all over the world.
- Garden District Real Estate Advertising – Distinguished by its well-preserved antebellum mansions, pristine gardens, and the famous Magazine Street filled with boutique shops and upscale eateries.
- Marigny & Bywater Real Estate Advertising – Adjoining the French Quarter, these neighborhoods are recognized for their bohemian ambiance, live music venues, particularly on Frenchmen Street, and colorful Creole cottages.
- Treme Real Estate Advertising– Known as the birthplace of jazz, this historically rich neighborhood offers a deep dive into African American and Creole culture, with spots like the Treme Market Branch and Louis Armstrong Park.
- Uptown & Carrollton Real Estate Advertising – A picturesque locale showcasing tree-lined streets, iconic St. Charles Avenue, and the famed Audubon Park. This area is also home to the Tulane and Loyola universities.
- Mid-City Real Estate Advertising – Encapsulating the genuine NOLA spirit, Mid-City houses City Park, a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, and a stretch of dining options along Canal Street.
- Algiers Point Real Estate Advertising – Located across the Mississippi River, this quaint, historic neighborhood offers breathtaking views of the Downtown skyline and charming Victorian cottages.
- Warehouse District Real Estate Advertising – Once an industrial area, now it’s a bustling hub of contemporary art galleries, hip bars, and stylish lofts. The renowned National WWII Museum is also situated here.
Complete guide to annual events in New Orleans
If you’re planning to promote a concert, festival, marathon, or any event in New Orleans, it’s vital to familiarize yourself with the city’s annual events landscape. When looking to advertise for any event in the New Orleans area, initiate your promotion anywhere from two to nine months ahead, contingent on the event’s magnitude and the anticipated audience size. Should you require more information about event marketing or aim to sponsor a local event, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Advertisemint. Our seasoned advertising professionals are on standby to assist.
- Mardi Gras – February/March – New Orleans’ most iconic event, Mardi Gras, is a weeks-long carnival celebration culminating on Fat Tuesday. The streets are filled with parades, colorful floats, masked revelers, and many beads.
- New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (Jazz Fest) – April/May – Celebrating the indigenous music and culture of New Orleans and Louisiana, Jazz Fest is a rich amalgamation of jazz, gospel, Cajun, zydeco, blues, R&B, rock, funk, African, Latin, Caribbean, and folk music.
- French Quarter Festival – April – A free, four-day weekend celebration in the historic French Quarter, focusing on local music and cuisine.
- Essence Festival – July – Recognized as “The Party with a Purpose”, this annual music festival celebrates African-American music and culture with world-renowned musicians and speakers.
- Voodoo Music + Arts Experience – October – An annual music and art festival featuring diverse artists across different genres.
- Treme Creole Gumbo Festival – November – If you love gumbo, this festival is for you. It celebrates New Orleans’ rich culinary traditions and features jazz performances.
- Krewe of Boo – October – New Orleans’ official Halloween parade, the Krewe of Boo is an entertaining procession filled with spooky floats, costumes, and throws.
- New Orleans Wine & Food Experience – May – A premier event showcasing the city’s culinary excellence alongside national and international wines.
- Bayou Boogaloo – May – Set along the picturesque Bayou St. John, this event celebrates the culture, music, and art of New Orleans.
- Allstate Sugar Bowl – January – An annual college football game held at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, it’s one of the highlights of the college football bowl season.
How to advertise a professional service business in New Orleans?
New Orleans has so many types of professional service providers that it can become crowded and difficult for many consumers to find your business. If you are a lawyer, doctor, dentist, contractor, accountant, or work in childcare, food services, event planning, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, roofing, HVAC, waste removal, or security services – then you need to be advertising your services. You must ensure you have local pages created on Google Local and Yelp and paid ads to ensure customers see your business first. You should also run paid search and social ads so individuals can visually see and experience your business’s services in the New Orleans area. If you need to help advertise your service-based business in the New Orleans area, please contact Advertisemint and speak with one of our advertising experts.
New Orleans government advertising
For businesses and individuals operating within New Orleans, there’s a myriad of governmental and municipal departments, each with distinct advertising requirements. If you’re a New Orleans-based politician aiming for a seat, part of a governmental division in the city looking for expert guidance in setting up marketing or advertising campaigns, or need creative support in videos, photography, or graphic design, AdvertiseMint can offer invaluable assistance. Our team can help devise a strategy, ensure all governmental regulations are met, manage media placements, and provide insights on the KPIs crucial for success and optimal ROI. To provide some context, listed below are some principal government resources pertinent to New Orleans.
- City of New Orleans Official Website
- New Orleans Chamber of Commerce
- New Orleans Mayor’s Office
- New Orleans City Council
- New Orleans Public Library
- New Orleans Police Department (NOPD)
- New Orleans Fire Department (NOFD)
- Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office
- New Orleans Office of Inspector General
- Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans
- New Orleans Parks and Parkways
- New Orleans Department of Public Works
- New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (NORTA)
- New Orleans Office of Veterans Affairs
- National Weather Service New Orleans Office
What is the Best New Orleans Ad Agency?
We believe AdvertiseMint is the best New Orleans Ad agency. AdvertiseMint brings a full team of advertising experts, including account managers, media buyers, copywriters, and creative experts in video production, editing, photography, graphic design, and data analysis to ensure our metrics are met. We would love the opportunity to help grow your business.
Disclaimer: AdvertiseMint is an advertising agency that provides advertising and marketing services to businesses located in New Orleans. The details provided on this page are for informational purposes and to help explain the services we provide for our clients. AdvertiseMint has no affiliation or exclusive partnerships with the city of New Orleans, tourist locations, government divisions, sports teams, educational institutions, annual events, restaurants, or other businesses mentioned on this page.