With a population of over 630,000 residents, the vibrant city of Oklahoma City brings a huge opportunity to grow your business. Businesses that use an Oklahoma City advertising agency like AdvertiseMint can help ensure their story reaches the right customers at the right place and time.
Best ways to advertise in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City is a vibrant city, and your business will need a marketing strategy to break through the noise. Oklahoma City residents are bombarded with daily social media ads, search ads, billboards, TV ads, and radio ads. It’s essential that your advertising dollars are being spent efficiently. Here are some of the most popular Oklahoma City advertising options for businesses.
Oklahoma City Paid Social Advertising
Paid social allows Oklahoma City businesses to reach consumers directly in their area. This is done by geo-targeted ads targeting a specific zip code or a one-mile radius around a single point. Advertisers can also target aspects like interests, behaviors, or custom audiences of their customers, prospects, or visitors. You can learn more about each of the following types of advertising below:
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Twitter / X Ads
Oklahoma City Paid Search Advertising
Paid search allows Oklahoma City businesses to reach consumers searching for their products or services on Google or Bing within a specific geographic area. These ads allow your business to appear on top of Google searches or Google Maps. This ensures customers find your business first before they find your competitors.
Oklahoma City Local Advertising
There are countless options for reaching consumers located in the Oklahoma City area. Each advertising option brings opportunities, challenges, and the need to monitor for a positive return on ad spend for the business. If you want to help to grow your business with local Oklahoma City ads, please contact Advertisemint. You can learn more about local Oklahoma City advertising options here:
- Yelp Ads
- Nextdoor Ads
- iHeartRadio Ads
- Spotify Ads
- Pandora Ads
- Local Cable Ads
- Billboard Advertising
- Oklahoma Metro Advertising
- Direct Mail
“Oklahoma City is a city of opportunity. There is something for everyone here, from business and culture to outdoor recreation.” – Brad Henry, former Governor of Oklahoma
How to Advertise with Oklahoma City Sports Teams
Oklahoma City has a rich sports history and an ardent fan base that ranges from basketball to baseball. Businesses have a golden chance to collaborate, sponsor, and engage a vast demographic of devoted fans in this vibrant sports ecosystem. If you are pondering ways to connect your brand with Oklahoma City’s sports audience, contact Advertisemint. We can guide you on the best strategies to partner with teams like the Oklahoma City Thunder, Oklahoma City Dodgers, Oklahoma City Energy FC, and more.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – Part of the NBA, the Thunder has become a major player in the Western Conference. Established in 2008 after relocating from Seattle, the team quickly cemented its place in the heart of Oklahomans. The Thunder have won 2 NBA championships, in 2012 and 2013.
Thunders on Instagram | Thunders on YouTube | Thunders on TikTok
- Oklahoma City Dodgers – An AAA affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers, the OKC Dodgers play in the Pacific Coast League and offer baseball fans high-quality action at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Dodgers on Instagram | Dodgers on TikTok
- Oklahoma City Energy FC – A professional soccer team in the USL Championship, Energy FC has been a staple for soccer enthusiasts in the city since 2013.
Energy FC on Instagram | Energy FC on Youtube
- Oklahoma City Blue – As the NBA G League affiliate for the Oklahoma City Thunder, the Blue provides a platform for rising basketball talents to showcase their skills and move to the major league.
Blues on Instagram | Blues on YouTube | Blues on TikTok
- Oklahoma City Roller Derby – Established in 2006, this roller derby league consists of passionate and dedicated women showcasing skill and strength in one of the fastest-growing sports in the world.
How to Advertise to Oklahoma City Universities, Colleges & Schools
If your business has customers between 13 and 30, you should look at advertising options for Oklahoma City students. This youth-focused segment is rapidly changing regarding which social media platforms they use, how they access information, and the technology they utilize daily. Generally, a mobile-first demo, reaching a demo requires a fluid strategy with both content and ads that resonate with the audience. If you want to advertise to students in the Oklahoma City area, please contact Advertisemint to discuss the best advertising and marketing options for higher education. The following are some of the most popular schools in Oklahoma City:
Oklahoma City Universities
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) – Situated in the heart of Oklahoma City, OUHSC is a prominent leader in education, research, and patient care. It’s one of only four health centers in the country with seven professional colleges.
- Oklahoma City University (OCU) – Known for its liberal arts education, OCU offers a comprehensive academic curriculum combined with a strong emphasis on community service. Their School of Dance and Arts Management is especially recognized for its contributions to the arts.
OCU on Instagram | OCU on YouTube
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City (OSU-OKC) – An urban, public university located in the heart of the city, OSU-OKC offers a broad range of degree programs catering to various fields. It emphasizes providing students with the technical skills required for today’s job market.
OSU-OKC on Instagram | OSU-OKC on YouTube
Oklahoma City Colleges
- Oklahoma City Community College (OCCC) – OCCC is one of the largest community colleges in Oklahoma and offers a range of associate degree programs and certifications. The college is known for its commitment to affordable education and student success, serving over 20,000 students annually.
OCCC on Instagram | OCCC on YouTube
- Rose State College – Located in Midwest City, a suburb of Oklahoma City, Rose State College offers over 60 degree programs. With a more personal learning environment, the college places an emphasis on associate degree programs.
Rose State on Instagram
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology (OSUIT) – Oklahoma City – Although the main campus is in Okmulgee, OSUIT has a presence in Oklahoma City and offers applied science degrees and technical certificate programs that cater to the evolving workforce needs.
OSUIT on Instagram
Oklahoma City High Schools
- Classen School of Advanced Studies – Classen SAS is a prestigious magnet school in Oklahoma City Public Schools that offers advanced placement courses and an International Baccalaureate program. It’s known for academic rigor and has a strong emphasis on visual and performing arts.
Classen SAS on Instagram
- Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics (OSSM) – OSSM is a two-year, public residential high school that offers an advanced curriculum in science and mathematics. Its students frequently achieve national accolades and often pursue degrees in STEM fields in top-tier universities.
Lake Highland Preparatory on Instagram | Lake Highland Preparatory on Youtube
- Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School – Bishop McGuinness, affiliated with the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City, offers a robust curriculum in a faith-based environment. The school is known for its commitment to academic excellence and community service.
Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School on Instagram | Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School on Youtube
How to advertise on the Oklahoma City metro and public transportation?
From the bustling highways to the city’s EMBARK bus system, streetcar, and expanding bike lanes, Oklahoma City’s transportation system presents countless opportunities for businesses to reach their target audience. With EMBARK reporting over 23 million annual boardings across its services, advertising on Oklahoma City’s public transit can help brands tap into a diverse and ever-moving audience based on numerous factors, including location, demographic patterns, and more. If you’re eyeing options such as EMBARK bus advertising, streetcar advertising, or leveraging rideshare platforms for visibility in the Oklahoma City region, AdvertiseMint’s experienced team is eager to assist in devising a strategy that propels your business growth through impactful transportation ads in and around Oklahoma City.
How to advertise on the radio in Oklahoma City?
In Oklahoma City, locals engage with a variety of prominent radio stations such as KOMA, 92.5 The Bull, Classic Rock 99.7, Magic 104.9, and 106.9 The Fox, enjoying an eclectic mix of news, talk shows, and diverse musical choices while on their daily commutes, workouts, or unwinding at home. This establishes radio advertising in Oklahoma City as a powerful avenue for businesses to connect with the community, embedding their messages into the rhythms of daily life. Tailoring radio advertising to the preferences of the target audience is achievable through station selection, music genre alignment, and strategic time slots. As digital platforms like Pandora and Spotify gain popularity, advertisers also gain the advantage of precise targeting based on factors such as zip codes, music tastes, interests, and designated market areas. Whether you’re seeking to enhance your brand’s visibility across Oklahoma City through radio advertising, the dedicated team at AdvertiseMint possesses the expertise to design an impactful radio campaign that stands out and delivers tangible results.
How much does billboard advertising cost in Oklahoma City?
Traveling along the streets of Oklahoma City, whether it’s along Broadway Extension, I-40, I-44, or other key highways, you’ll encounter a multitude of billboards. These advertising spaces are typically managed by prominent networks like Lamar, Clear Channel, and OutFront Media. The cost of billboards in Oklahoma City varies, ranging from approximately $1,500 to $10,000 per month, contingent upon factors such as traffic volume and the desirability of the location. For businesses seeking billboard exposure in the city, there are options for remnant or more affordable placements, especially when flexibility exists regarding billboard locations and display periods. Should you aim to launch effective billboard campaigns in the Oklahoma City region, the experienced professionals at AdvertiseMint are poised to assist you in crafting a tailored strategy, identifying optimal billboard sites, and ensuring the successful execution of your campaigns, ultimately driving a favorable return on your investment.
What are the most popular restaurants in Oklahoma City?
Oklahoma City boasts a rich blend of flavors and a diverse culinary landscape that caters to a range of tastes. From upscale dining venues to cherished local eateries, the city offers a culinary journey for all to savor. Crafting effective restaurant advertising in Oklahoma City demands a strategic approach that resonates with both the local community and the visitors who come to experience the city’s charm. With a multitude of dining choices available, your restaurant’s advertising strategy should emphasize its distinctive qualities. Engaging potential customers through digital avenues such as social media, Yelp, Google, and local platforms is essential for building a strong online presence. If you’re looking to enhance your restaurant’s visibility within the Oklahoma City area, AdvertiseMint is equipped to provide expert guidance and support. Here are some of the city’s notable dining establishments:
- Cattlemen’s Steakhouse – The iconic Oklahoma City restaurant that has been serving up mouthwatering steaks and classic Western fare since 1910. Situated in the historic Stockyards City district, Cattlemen’s is known for its rustic charm, hearty cowboy breakfasts, and a lively atmosphere that captures the essence of the Old West.
- The Jones Assembly – The Jones Assembly is a vibrant dining and live music venue that has become a popular hotspot in Oklahoma City’s burgeoning entertainment scene. With its industrial-chic design and spacious patio, The Jones Assembly offers a diverse menu featuring creative dishes and craft cocktails. Guests can enjoy live performances while savoring a unique dining experience.
- Cheever’s Cafe – Cheever’s Cafe is a beloved local gem known for its contemporary comfort food and inviting ambiance. Housed in a renovated 1920s-era building, Cheever’s offers a menu that blends Southern influences with modern twists, such as their renowned Chicken-Fried Steak and Green Chile Mac and Cheese.
- Nic’s Grill – Nic’s Grill is a cozy diner that has gained fame for serving some of the best burgers in Oklahoma City. This unassuming spot is known for its no-frills atmosphere and mouthwatering, generously sized burgers cooked to perfection on a flat-top grill.
- Vast – Vast takes dining to new heights, both literally and figuratively. Perched atop the Devon Tower, Oklahoma City’s tallest building, Vast offers breathtaking panoramic views of the city skyline. The upscale restaurant features a refined menu with a focus on fresh, locally sourced ingredients, making it a prime spot for special occasions and memorable dining experiences.
- Metro Wine Bar & Bistro – Metro Wine Bar & Bistro is a popular spot for wine lovers. They have a wide selection of wines by the glass and bottle, as well as a menu of small plates and entrees. They are known for their extensive wine list and their cozy atmosphere.
- Bradford House and Quincy Bake Shop – Bradford House is a historic Victorian-style house that has been converted into a restaurant. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and their Quincy Bake Shop is known for its delicious pastries. They are known for their classic American dishes and their homemade pastries.
Top 10 things to do when you visit Oklahoma City?
Oklahoma City is a dynamic urban center enriched with history, vibrant culture, and warm Midwestern hospitality. As a growing destination, it attracts a diverse range of visitors each year. Capitalizing on the opportunity to advertise to these tourists can significantly enhance businesses in the hospitality sector, guided tours, dining establishments, and more. To effectively tap into this transient market, utilizing geo-targeted advertising can prove invaluable, capturing the attention of those exploring the city. This mobile audience presents immense potential for local economic growth. For expert insights into tourism-oriented advertising in Oklahoma City, feel free to reach out to AdvertiseMint. Here’s a compilation of must-see attractions that should be on your list when visiting the city:
- Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum – Pay homage to the victims of the 1995 bombing at this solemn yet inspiring memorial and museum. Walk through the serene Reflecting Pool and explore exhibits that provide insight into the city’s resilience and healing process.
- Bricktown Entertainment District – Immerse yourself in Oklahoma City’s lively entertainment scene at Bricktown. Enjoy canal-side dining, catch a baseball game at the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, or take a scenic water taxi ride along the Bricktown Canal.
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum – Step into the world of the Wild West at this museum, showcasing an extensive collection of Western art, artifacts, and memorabilia. Explore galleries dedicated to cowboys, Native American cultures, and the history of the American frontier.
- Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden – Embark on a wildlife adventure at the Oklahoma City Zoo. Home to over 1,900 animals from around the world, the zoo offers immersive exhibits, interactive experiences, and beautifully landscaped botanical gardens.
- Myriad Botanical Gardens – Discover a serene oasis in the heart of the city at Myriad Botanical Gardens. Stroll through lush gardens, visit the Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory, and enjoy outdoor events and concerts in this urban retreat.
- Science Museum Oklahoma – Ignite your curiosity at this interactive science museum, featuring hands-on exhibits, live demonstrations, and educational programs that engage visitors of all ages in the wonders of science and technology.
- OKC National Memorial Marathon – Participate in or cheer on runners at the OKC Memorial Marathon, an annual event that honors the memory of the bombing victims while promoting health, fitness, and community unity.
- Wheeler Ferris Wheel – Take in panoramic views of the city from the Wheeler Ferris Wheel, located in the Wheeler District. The wheel lights up the night sky and offers a unique vantage point of Oklahoma City’s skyline.
- Frontier City Theme Park – Experience thrills and excitement at Frontier City, a Western-themed amusement park featuring roller coasters, water rides, live entertainment, and family-friendly attractions.
- Paseo Arts District – Immerse yourself in the local art scene at the Paseo Arts District. This vibrant neighborhood showcases galleries, studios, shops, and restaurants, providing a unique blend of creativity and community
The list gives you a taste of Oklahoma City’s multifaceted allure. Whether it’s the thrill of roller coasters, nature’s serenity, or space’s magic, Oklahoma City promises something for everyone.
Popular social media accounts in Oklahoma City you need to follow.
Engaging socially can be a game-changer in creating meaningful connections. Paid social ads seamlessly weave your business into the content-rich tapestry that users are engrossed in. Here’s a compilation of prominent Oklahoma City based social media handles that you’d want to keep tabs on to remain updated on all things Oklahoma City:
- @okcthunder – The official Twitter account of the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA team. Stay updated on game highlights, player news, community initiatives, and engage with fellow Thunder fans.
- @okczoo – The Instagram account of the Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden. Get up close to adorable animal photos, behind-the-scenes peeks, and learn about conservation efforts.
- @VisitOKC – The official Twitter account of Visit OKC, the city’s tourism organization. Discover upcoming events, local attractions, dining recommendations, and get insider tips for exploring Oklahoma City.
Complete Oklahoma City neighborhood guide.
Tailoring your advertising efforts to the specific neighborhoods of Oklahoma City is a key strategy for maximizing your business impact. A range of effective approaches is at your disposal, spanning targeted paid social media campaigns, focused search ads, and engagement on local platforms like Yelp, Google, and Nextdoor. You can also explore avenues such as direct mail and localized TV spots. To accurately target demographics based on factors like location, age, gender, ethnicity, and property values, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with Oklahoma City’s diverse neighborhoods. For comprehensive insights and guidance, don’t hesitate to connect with AdvertiseMint. Here are some noteworthy neighborhoods to consider when devising your advertising strategy in Oklahoma City:
- Bricktown Real Estate Advertising – Known as the entertainment district, Bricktown offers a lively mix of restaurants, bars, shops, and entertainment options. The Bricktown Canal and ballpark add to its appeal, making it a popular destination for both locals and visitors.
- Midtown Real Estate Advertising – This revitalized area features a blend of historic architecture, trendy boutiques, art galleries, and diverse dining options. Midtown is known for its walkability and vibrant atmosphere.
- Deep Deuce Real Estate Advertising – A historic African-American neighborhood that has experienced revitalization, Deep Deuce is now home to modern apartments, jazz clubs, and cultural attractions. It’s a hub for arts, music, and urban living.
- Uptown 23rd Real Estate Advertising – Located along NW 23rd Street, this area offers an eclectic mix of eateries, coffee shops, boutiques, and art spaces. Uptown 23rd is known for its artsy and hipster vibe.
- The Paseo Arts District Real Estate Advertising –This bohemian neighborhood is renowned for its art galleries, studios, and vibrant street art. The Paseo hosts monthly art walks and is a hub for local creativity.
- Automobile Alley Real Estate Advertising – Once home to car dealerships, this district now features boutiques, dining, and loft apartments. It’s a blend of historic charm and modern amenities.
- Asian District Real Estate Advertising – Centered around NW 23rd Street and Classen Boulevard, the Asian District is known for its diverse dining options, Asian markets, and cultural events.
- Heritage Hills Real Estate Advertising – Featuring stunning historic homes and tree-lined streets, Heritage Hills is a residential neighborhood known for its architecture and sense of community.
- Crown Heights Real Estate Advertising –A family-friendly neighborhood with parks, schools, and a strong sense of community. It’s known for its traditional architecture and charm.
- Nichols Hills Real Estate Advertising – An upscale residential area with luxury homes, manicured lawns, and a country club. Nichols Hills is known for its exclusivity and elegance.
- The Village Real Estate Advertising – A suburb with a mix of residential areas and shopping centers, The Village is known for its convenience and family-friendly atmosphere.
- Edmond Real Estate Advertising – A neighboring city north of Oklahoma City, Edmond offers a blend of suburban living, shopping, and cultural attractions.
- Norman Real Estate Advertising – Home to the University of Oklahoma, Norman has a college-town vibe with a mix of cultural events, art venues, and diverse dining options.
- Moore Real Estate Advertising – South of Oklahoma City, Moore is a suburban area known for its family-oriented communities, parks, and local amenities.
- Del City Real Estate Advertising – This community offers affordable housing options, parks, and easy access to major highways, making it convenient for commuters.
Complete guide to annual events in Oklahoma City.
When considering advertising for events ranging from concerts, marathons, festivals, or any other gatherings in Oklahoma, it’s essential to understand the local event landscape. Promoting an event in Oklahoma typically requires a head-start of two to nine months, depending on the event’s magnitude and expected audience. To dive deeper into event marketing or for potential sponsorship opportunities, please reach out to Advertisemint. Our dedicated team will guide you seamlessly.
- Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon – April – The OKC Memorial Marathon honors the memory of the 1995 bombing victims. Participants can choose from various race distances and traverse a course that includes the Oklahoma City National Memorial.
- DeadCenter Film Festival – June – The DeadCenter Film Festival celebrates independent filmmaking, showcasing a diverse range of films from around the world. Attendees enjoy screenings, panel discussions, and networking opportunities.
- Paseo Arts Festival – May – The Paseo Arts Festival transforms the Paseo Arts District into an outdoor gallery. Visitors can explore works of art by local and national artists while enjoying live music and food.
- Oklahoma State Fair – September – The Oklahoma State Fair is a beloved tradition featuring carnival rides, agricultural exhibits, live entertainment, food vendors, and a vibrant atmosphere for families and visitors.
- Plaza District Festival – September – The Plaza District Festival highlights the creative and artistic spirit of the Plaza District. The event includes live performances, local art, craft vendors, and food trucks.
- Red Earth Festival – June – The Red Earth Festival showcases Native American art, dance, music, and cultural heritage. Attendees can experience vibrant powwows, art markets, and educational activities.
- Midtown Walkabout – April and October – The Midtown Walkabout invites visitors to explore the Midtown district with open houses, special deals, live music, and opportunities to discover local businesses.
- Festival of the Arts – April – The Festival of the Arts celebrates visual and performing arts with a diverse range of artists, food vendors, live entertainment, and hands-on activities for all ages.
- H&8th Night Market – March to October – H&8th Night Market transforms Midtown into a lively street festival with food trucks, live music, local vendors, and a festive atmosphere.
- Oklahoma Regatta Festival – September – The Oklahoma Regatta Festival takes place along the Oklahoma River. The event features rowing competitions, dragon boat racing, live entertainment, food trucks, and family-friendly activities..
How to advertise a professional service business in Oklahoma City?
There are so many professional service providers in Oklahoma that it can become crowded and difficult for many consumers to find your business. If you are a lawyer, doctor, dentist, contractor, accountant, or work in childcare, food services, event planning, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, roofing, HVAC, waste removal, or security services – then you need to be advertising your services. You must ensure you have local pages created on Google Local and Yelp and paid ads to ensure customers see your business first. You should also run paid search and social ads so individuals can visually see and experience your business’s services in Oklahoma. If you need help advertising your service-based business in Oklahoma, please contact Advertisemint and speak with one of our advertising experts.
Oklahoma City government advertising.
Countless municipal and government departments often have highly specific advertising needs in the Oklahoma area. If you are an Oklahoma politician running for office or work in an Oklahoma-based government division and need assistance with setting up marketing campaigns, advertising campaigns, or any creative elements like videos, photography, or graphic design, AdvertiseMint can help you build a strategy, accommodate any government regulations, place the media and report back on the KPIs required for success and return on investment. For reference, here are a few of the top government resources for Oklahoma.
- City of Oklahoma Official Website
- Oklahoma Chamber of Commerce
- Oklahoma Mayor’s Office
- Oklahoma City Council
- Oklahoma Police Department
- Oklahoma Fire Department
- Oklahoma Sheriff Department
- Oklahoma City Public Works Department
- Oklahoma City Planning Department
- Oklahoma Parks and Recreation
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation
- Oklahoma City Utilities Department
- Oklahoma City Animal Welfare
- Oklahoma City Office of Arts and Cultural Affairs
What is the Best Oklahoma Ad Agency?
We believe AdvertiseMint is the best Oklahoma advertising agency. AdvertiseMint brings a full team of advertising experts, including account managers, media buyers, copywriters, and creative experts in video production, editing, photography, graphic design, and data analysis to ensure our metrics are met. We would love the opportunity to help grow your business.
Disclaimer: AdvertiseMint is an advertising agency that provides advertising and marketing services to businesses located in Oklahoma. The details provided on this page are for informational purposes and to help explain the services we provide for our clients. AdvertiseMint has no affiliation or exclusive partnerships with the city of Oklahoma, tourist locations, government divisions, sports teams, educational institutions, annual events, restaurants, or other businesses mentioned on this page.