With a population nearing 500,000 residents, the dynamic city of Raleigh presents a substantial opportunity for business development. Businesses collaborating with a Raleigh advertising agency like AdvertiseMint can be confident that their message reaches the ideal audience at the optimal place and moment.
Best ways to advertise in Raleigh
Raleigh is a vibrant city, and your business will need a marketing strategy to break through the noise. Raleigh residents are bombarded with daily social media ads, search ads, billboards, TV ads, and radio ads. It’s essential that your advertising dollars are being spent efficiently. Here are some of the most popular Raleigh advertising options for businesses.
Raleigh Paid Social Advertising
Paid social allows Raleigh businesses to reach consumers directly in their area. This is done by geo-targeted ads targeting a specific zip code or a one-mile radius around a single point. Advertisers can also target aspects like interests, behaviors, or custom audiences of their customers, prospects, or visitors. You can learn more about each of the following types of advertising below:
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Twitter / X Ads
Raleigh Paid Search Advertising
Paid search allows Raleigh businesses to reach consumers searching for their products or services on Google or Bing within a specific geographic area. These ads allow your business to appear on top of Google searches or Google Maps. This ensures customers find your business first before they find your competitors.
Raleigh Local Advertising
There are countless options for reaching consumers located in the Raleigh area. Each advertising option brings opportunities, challenges, and the need to monitor for a positive return on ad spend for the business. If you want help to grow your business with local Raleigh ads, please contact Advertisemint. You can learn more about local Raleigh advertising options here:
- Yelp Ads
- Nextdoor Ads
- iHeartRadio Ads
- Spotify Ads
- Pandora Ads
- Local Cable Ads
- Billboard Advertising
- Raleigh Metro Advertising
- Direct Mail
“From its oak-lined streets to its educational roots, Raleigh isn’t just a stopover – it’s a destination.” — Unknown
How to Advertise with Raleigh Sports Teams
For residents of Raleigh, sports form a significant part of the cultural and communal experience. With various sports teams and venues, Raleigh presents an unrivaled chance for entrepreneurs to sponsor, advertise, and connect with a vast audience of dedicated fans. If you’re interested in exploring advertising opportunities with Raleigh’s sports teams, don’t hesitate to contact AdvertiseMint for insights into collaborating with teams like the Carolina Hurricanes, North Carolina FC, or the Raleigh Flyers.
- Carolina Hurricanes (NHL) – The Hurricanes are Raleigh’s pride in the NHL. With a devoted fanbase, they play their home games at the PNC Arena. The Hurricanes have won 1 Stanley Cup championship in 2006.
- North Carolina FC (USL) – North Carolina FC is a testament to Raleigh’s love for soccer. Competing in the USL Championship, they’ve consistently showcased their mettle. They play their home games at the WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary.
- Raleigh Flyers (AUDL) – Raleigh’s representatives in the American Ultimate Disc League, the Flyers have been soaring high with their impressive plays and a dedicated fanbase.
How to Advertise to Raleigh Universities, Colleges & Schools
If your enterprise caters to the demographic aged 13 to 30, consider fine-tuning your advertising strategy to resonate with Raleigh students. This age bracket showcases evolving preferences in social media use, information access, and technology adoption, making adopting a dynamic, mobile-first marketing approach crucial. Engage content and advertisements that strike a chord with this young audience. For advertising insights tailored for Raleigh students, get in touch with AdvertiseMint. Here’s a snapshot of some leading educational institutions in Raleigh:
- North Carolina State University (NC State): A premier public research university, NC State is celebrated for its robust emphasis on STEM programs and contributions to research and innovation.
- Meredith College: A private women’s college in Raleigh, Meredith College is recognized for its programs in arts, science, and business, championing women’s leadership and empowerment.
- Shaw University: As one of the oldest HBCUs in the Southern United States, Shaw is renowned for its focus on liberal arts, social sciences, and entrepreneurship.
- Wake Technical Community College (Wake Tech): A pivotal community college in Raleigh, Wake Tech provides a diverse spectrum of academic and vocational programs, prepping students for further studies or professions.
- St. Augustine’s University: A private HBCU in Raleigh, St. Augustine’s is distinguished for its wide range of programs, from the arts and humanities to the sciences.
Raleigh High Schools
- Broughton High School: Recognized for its rigorous academic offerings, diverse extracurriculars, and deep-rooted sense of community, Broughton stands out in Raleigh’s educational scene.
- Enloe Magnet High School: Renowned for its comprehensive academic curriculum, Enloe offers diverse courses from visual arts to medical sciences, molding future leaders.
- Millbrook High School: Millbrook High offers a broad educational experience, combining solid academics with an extensive range of arts, sports, and other programs.
How to advertise on Raleigh metro and public transportation?
In the midst of roads, bus routes, biking paths, ride-sharing options, and transit systems, Raleigh residents navigate through a diverse tapestry of transportation methods. With the Raleigh Department of Transportation reporting consistent growth in daily public transportation ridership, Raleigh offers distinctive advertising opportunities to engage with a diverse audience of commuters based on various criteria such as location, demographics, and more. If you’re keen on exploring Raleigh Bus advertising, Raleigh taxi promotions, Raleigh rideshare advertising, or any form of advertising within Raleigh’s transportation network, the team at AdvertiseMint is eager to discuss an advertising strategy that propels your business forward with transportation ads tailored for the Raleigh demographic.
How to advertise on the radio in Raleigh?
Raleigh, a rapidly growing hub in North Carolina, offers a variety of radio stations catering to its diverse population. With popular options such as WQDR, WKIX, WRAL, WPTF, and WKNC, Raleigh residents have access to a mix of news, talk radio, and music while driving or during their daily routines. Radio advertising in Raleigh opens up an unparalleled avenue for businesses to engage with locals in a setting where they’re already attentive. You can tailor your radio ads based on the station, genre, or time of day to maximize impact. Additionally, the rise of digital platforms like Pandora and Spotify offers more refined targeting options, such as by zip codes, musical tastes, interests, DMAs, and more. If you’re keen on harnessing the power of radio advertising in Raleigh to boost your business, the experts at AdvertiseMint are here to guide and ensure your campaigns are effective and yield a positive return on investment.
How much does billboard advertising cost in Raleigh?
Whether cruising down Capital Boulevard, Glenwood Avenue, Fayetteville Street, or traversing major highways like I-40, I-440, or US-1, one constant in Raleigh is the sight of billboards. Most of Raleigh’s billboards are managed by big networks such as Lamar, Clear Channel, or OutFront Media. The average cost for billboard advertising in Raleigh ranges from $1,000 to $15,000 per month, depending on traffic volume and the location’s appeal. Many of these networks offer remnant, or more affordable options, for those who are flexible about the billboard’s location and display duration. If you’re considering leveraging billboard advertising in Raleigh for your enterprise, the team at AdvertiseMint is equipped to help you craft a tailored strategy, pinpoint optimal locations, and ensure that your campaigns deliver a rewarding return on investment.
What are the most popular restaurants in Raleigh?
Raleigh, as the state capital of North Carolina, boasts a vibrant culinary scene. From upscale dining establishments to food trucks, Raleigh’s gastronomic delights cater to a diverse crowd of locals and visitors. Crafting the right advertising strategy for Raleigh’s restaurants can be quite intricate. Aiming for both the local residents and the occasional traveler requires precision. Advertisements for these eateries should pivot on elements like location, offerings, promotional deals, pricing, and influential reviews across platforms such as Yelp, Google, and Nextdoor. If you intend to expand your restaurant’s reach in Raleigh and need expert assistance, don’t hesitate to contact AdvertiseMint. Here’s a curated list of some of Raleigh’s most frequented dining establishments:
- Poole’s Diner – Located at 426 S McDowell St, Poole’s is cherished for its retro diner aesthetics and a modern approach to classic American comfort food. Established in the 1940s, it remains a perennial favorite.
- The Pit Authentic BBQ – At 328 W Davie St, The Pit showcases Raleigh’s rich tradition of barbecues. It’s a must-visit for anyone craving authentic Southern BBQ prepared in the traditional pit-cooked style.
- Bida Manda Laotian Restaurant and Bar – A one-of-a-kind in Raleigh at 222 S Blount St., celebrates Laotian cuisine and offers authentic Southeast Asia.
- Clyde Cooper’s BBQ – Having served BBQ lovers since 1938, Clyde Cooper’s at 327 S Wilmington St remains an institution in Raleigh, still using the same slow-cooked, oakwood-smoked method.
- The Raleigh Times Bar – Situated at 14 E Hargett St., once the home to Raleigh’s daily newspaper, now serves as a favorite local bar and eatery, retaining the building’s historic charm.
- Garland – At 14 W Martin St, Garland, run by chef Cheetie Kumar, offers a mix of Southern flavors and Asian spices, resulting in inventive and comforting dishes.
- Brewery Bhavana – Located at 218 S Blount St, this establishment is a unique blend of a brewery, flower shop, book store, and dim sum restaurant, offering an eclectic mix of experiences.
- Big Ed’s City Market Restaurant – A classic Southern diner at 220 Wolfe St, Big Ed’s serves hearty breakfasts and lunches, boasting hotcakes and country ham.
- 42nd St Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill – A historic Raleigh establishment since the 1930s, located at 508 W Jones St, renowned for fresh seafood and a vibrant ambiance.
- Angus Barn – At 9401 Glenwood Ave, Angus Barn is an upscale steakhouse known for its top-quality steaks and extensive wine list, set in a rustic barn setting, exuding Southern charm.
Top 10 things to do when you visit Raleigh?
As Raleigh welcomes countless visitors annually, targeting tourists with effective advertising is paramount for establishments involved in events, sightseeing, accommodation, dining, transport, and beyond. For businesses in the City of Oaks, having a well-honed strategy to tap into the visitors’ segment can be a game-changer. Platforms offering geographically targeted ads to people temporarily in Raleigh but residing elsewhere can unlock an untapped revenue stream. If you need assistance with advertising for Raleigh’s hospitality sector, tourism, or local transit, consider contacting AdvertiseMint. To guide you further, here’s a list of must-experience attractions in Raleigh:
- North Carolina Museum of Art – This revered institution houses an extensive collection of artworks from different eras and regions, set amidst a picturesque park.
- Pullen Park – A cherished Raleigh landmark, offers recreational activities, including pedal boats, a carousel, and a miniature train.
- Umstead State Park – A haven for nature lovers, this expansive park provides hiking and biking trails and scenic spots perfect for picnics.
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences – Dive deep into natural history and science with interactive exhibits and displays that captivate young and old.
- Historic Oakwood – Wander through this district with well-preserved Victorian-era homes, each with unique charm and history.
- Downtown Raleigh – A buzzing hub filled with top-notch restaurants, boutiques, museums, and an energetic nightlife scene.
- Raleigh Farmers Market – This market offers a chance to interact with local farmers and vendors, purchase fresh produce, and savor regional specialties.
- PNC Arena – Catch a live concert or a Carolina Hurricanes hockey game in this state-of-the-art venue.
- JC Raulston Arboretum – Explore a myriad of plant collections in this botanical garden affiliated with North Carolina State University, an oasis for plant enthusiasts.
- Raleigh Little Theatre – Revel in theatrical productions ranging from classic plays to contemporary performances in this historic venue.
Popular social media accounts in Raleigh you need to follow.
Embracing the digital social sphere is a fantastic way to establish new connections and relationships. Paid social ads help your business gain visibility amidst content that captivates and engages consumers. Here’s a rundown of top Raleigh-based social media accounts that will keep you in the loop with everything the city offers.
- @RaleighTimesBar – This account represents the Raleigh Times, a city magazine and bar that delves deep into Raleigh’s news, culture, food, and entertainment scene.
- @RaleighMag – A handle for Raleigh Magazine, it showcases the city’s diverse facets, from fashion and food to arts and local events.
Everything you need to know about Raleigh Real Estate advertising.
With tens of thousands of real estate agents in the Raleigh area, there is constant need for real estate brokers and agents to get their properties in front of the right homebuyers. There are lots of options from targeted paid social and paid search ads, along with local options like Yelp, Google and Nextdoor and then options like direct mail or local cable ads. There are also digital options for real estate such as Realtor Connections, Zillow Real Estate Agency Advertising and the Trulia Real Estate Ad Network. Commercial real estate brokers are now using paid social to promote videos of their properties using LinkedIn ads to reach a B2B audience. Please note that many of the ad platforms have rules and limitations regarding the targeting of individuals while promoting real estate ads based on age, gender, ethnicity and location. The team at AdvertiseMint is happy to help you work through your options and can help you ensure you are generating leads for both home sellers and home buyers. For more detailed information on real estate advertising in Raleigh, please contact Advertisemint. Here are some of the neighborhoods you need to know about when advertising in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Downtown Raleigh Real Estate Advertising – The city’s heartbeat combines modernity and history. It’s home to exquisite restaurants, craft breweries, music venues, and artsy spaces like the Contemporary Art Museum.
- Oakwood Real Estate Advertising – A historic neighborhood, Oakwood is dotted with Victorian homes and beautiful gardens. The area has a rich history and is a beloved spot for residents and tourists.
- Cameron Village Real Estate Advertising – One of the first planned communities in Raleigh, Cameron Village combines shopping experiences with residential spaces. It’s the go-to spot for boutique shopping and delightful eateries.
- North Hills Real Estate Advertising – Often termed the “Midtown,” North Hills is an eclectic mix of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. It also boasts upscale apartments and office spaces, offering an urban-meets-suburban vibe.
- Five Points Real Estate Advertising – A junction of five neighborhoods, Five Points is all about charm. The bungalows, tree-lined streets, and local establishments make it a quaint yet lively spot.
- Boylan Heights Real Estate Advertising – Perched near Downtown, Boylan Heights is known for its historic homes, sloping terrains, and artistic community. The neighborhood is especially vibrant during the annual ArtWalk.
- Mordecai Real Estate Advertising – Rich in history, the Mordecai neighborhood houses the oldest residence in Raleigh in its original location. Its park, historic sites, and tight-knit community make it a unique pocket in the city.
Complete guide to annual events in Raleigh.
If you’re keen on advertising for a concert, race, festival, or any other kind of event in Raleigh, it’s vital to be familiar with the city’s major annual happenings. Initiating your promotions between two to nine months in advance is crucial, depending on the event’s scale and anticipated attendance. To delve deeper into event marketing, or if you’re contemplating sponsoring a local event in Raleigh, please connect with AdvertiseMint. Our seasoned team of advertising professionals is eager to assist.
- First Night Raleigh – January – Raleigh’s premier New Year’s Eve celebration. This event is filled with live performances, art installations, and fireworks to ring in the New Year.
- Raleigh Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon & Half Marathon – April – Attracting runners nationwide, this event combines live music, running, and cheerleading for a unique fitness experience.
- Artsplosure – May – Raleigh’s annual arts festival draws artists from all over to showcase their music, visual arts, and performance talents.
- World Beer Festival – April – Held in downtown Raleigh, this event brings together craft beers from all over the world, food, and live music.
- Raleigh Pride – June – Celebrating the LGBTQ+ community, this festival is filled with parades, performances, and vibrant energy.
- North Carolina State Fair – October – A tradition since the 1850s, this fair attracts visitors for its rides, games, livestock shows, and various delicious foods.
- Oakwood Candlelight Tour – December – This historic tour showcases some of Raleigh’s most beautiful homes adorned in holiday decorations.
- Raleigh Christmas Parade – November – An awaited event, this parade features stunning floats, marching bands, celebrities, and a grand appearance from Santa Claus.
- Hopscotch Music Festival – September – A multi-day music fest that spans multiple venues in downtown Raleigh, featuring a mix of local and international artists across various genres.
- Bluegrass Festival – September – Reflecting North Carolina’s rich musical heritage, this event celebrates the best in bluegrass with performances, workshops, and jam sessions.
How to advertise a professional service business in Raleigh?
Raleigh has so many types of professional service providers that it can become crowded and difficult for many consumers to find your business. If you are a lawyer, doctor, dentist, contractor, accountant, or work in childcare, food services, event planning, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, roofing, HVAC, waste removal, or security services – then you need to be advertising your services. You must ensure you have local pages created on Google Local and Yelp and paid ads to ensure customers see your business first. You should also run paid search and social ads so individuals can visually see and experience your business’s services in Raleigh. If you need help advertising your service-based business in the Raleigh area, please contact Advertisemint and speak with one of our advertising experts.
Raleigh government advertising
In the bustling capital city of North Carolina, numerous governmental and municipal departments have unique advertising requisites. Whether you’re a politician in Raleigh prepping for an election or representing a Raleigh-based governmental division seeking assistance with marketing, AdvertiseMint has got you covered. We cater to your needs, from crafting strategies and ensuring adherence to government regulations to managing media placements and providing performance metrics. Highlighted below are some of the principal government resources for Raleigh.
- City of Raleigh Official Website
- Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
- Raleigh Mayor’s Office
- Raleigh City Council
- Raleigh Public Library
- Raleigh Police Department
- Raleigh Fire Department
- Wake County Sheriff’s Office
- Raleigh Small Business Services
- Raleigh City Auditor
- Raleigh Public Utilities Department
- Raleigh Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources
- Raleigh Department of Transportation
- Wake County Veteran Services
- National Weather Service Raleigh
What is the Best Raleigh Ad Agency?
We believe AdvertiseMint is the best Raleigh advertising agency. AdvertiseMint brings a full team of advertising experts, including account managers, media buyers, copywriters, and creative experts in video production, editing, photography, graphic design, and data analysis to ensure our metrics are met. We would love the opportunity to help grow your business.
Disclaimer: AdvertiseMint is an advertising agency that provides advertising and marketing services to businesses located in Raleigh. The details provided on this page are for informational purposes and to help explain the services we provide for our clients. AdvertiseMint has no affiliation or exclusive partnerships with the city of Raleigh, tourist locations, government divisions, sports teams, educational institutions, annual events, restaurants, or other businesses mentioned on this page.