Grow your business with a Tokyo advertising agency.
With over 13 million residents, the dynamic metropolis of Tokyo offers unparalleled prospects for business development. Businesses collaborating with a Tokyo-based advertising agency like Advertisemint can ensure their narrative resonates with the appropriate audience right where and when it’s most impactful.
Best ways to advertise in Tokyo
Tokyo is a vibrant city, and your business will need a marketing strategy to break through the noise. Tokyo residents are bombarded with daily social media ads, search ads, billboards, TV ads, and radio ads. It’s essential that your advertising dollars are being spent efficiently. Here are some of the most popular Tokyo advertising options for businesses.
Tokyo Paid Social Advertising
Paid social allows Tokyo businesses to reach consumers directly in their area. This is done by geo-targeted ads, targeting a specific zip code or a one-mile radius around a single point. Advertisers can also target aspects like interests, behaviors, or custom audiences of their customers, prospects, or visitors. You can learn more about each of the following types of advertising below:
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Twitter / X Ads
Tokyo Paid Search Advertising
Paid search allows Tokyo businesses to reach consumers searching for their products or services on Google or Bing within a specific geographic area. These ads allow your business to appear on top of Google searches or Google Maps. This ensures customers find your business first before they find your competitors.
Tokyo Local Advertising
There are countless options for reaching consumers located in the Tokyo area. Each advertising option brings opportunities, challenges, and the need to monitor for a positive return on ad spend for the business. If you want to help grow your business with local Tokyo ads, please contact Advertisemint. You can learn more about local Tokyo advertising options here:
- Yelp Ads
- Nextdoor Ads
- iHeartRadio Ads
- Spotify Ads
- Pandora Ads
- Local Cable Ads
- Billboard Advertising
- Tokyo Metro Advertising
- Direct Mail
“It’s hard to explain, but Tokyo is just different; there’s no place like it in the world. It’s like another dimension and yet oddly familiar, like a futuristic movie you’ve already seen.” – Unknown
How to Advertise with Tokyo Sports Teams
Tokyoites possess a fervent passion for their sports and championships. Home to multiple renowned sports teams and stadiums, Tokyo offers businesses an exceptional opportunity to sponsor, advertise, and engage with a vast audience of dedicated fans throughout the sports season. If you’re keen on exploring advertising avenues with Tokyo sports teams, don’t hesitate to get in touch with AdvertiseMint to dive deeper into advertising opportunities with teams like the Tokyo Yakult Swallows, Tokyo Verdy, Sunwolves, or the F.C. Tokyo.
- Tokyo Yakult Swallows (NPB) – A distinguished Nippon Professional Baseball league team, the Swallows play their captivating matches at Meiji Jingu Stadium. The Tokyo Yakult Swallows have secured multiple Central League championships. Tokyo Yakult Swallows on Facebook
- F.C. Tokyo (J1 League) – Representing Tokyo in the top-tier Japanese professional football, F.C. Tokyo has showcased commendable performances since its inception. They play their home matches at the Ajinomoto Stadium. F.C. Tokyo on Instagram | F.C. Tokyo on YouTube
- Tokyo Verdy (J2 League) – Another pride of Tokyo in the football world, Tokyo Verdy has its matches hosted at the Ajinomoto Stadium. Tokyo Verdy on Instagram
- Sunwolves (Super Rugby) – Tokyo’s representation in professional rugby, the Sunwolves have contributed immensely to popularizing the sport in Japan. Their games are primarily played at the Chichibunomiya Rugby Stadium.
- Brex (B.League) – A formidable team in the world of Japanese professional basketball, they’ve enthralled their fans with stunning games season after season. Brex on Instagram | Brex on YouTube
How to Advertise to Tokyo Universities, Colleges & Schools
If your business targets customers between 13 and 30, you might want to consider advertising options tailored for Tokyo students. This young segment is dynamic in their use of technology, preferences for certain social media platforms, and how they consume information. Generally being tech-savvy and mobile-first, capturing their attention requires adaptable strategies. Engage with content and ads that are trendy and meaningful for them. If you aim to advertise to students in the Tokyo region, consider consulting with local marketing agencies to ensure cultural relevancy and precision targeting. Below are some of the most notable educational institutions in Tokyo:
- University of Tokyo (Todai) – Recognized globally, the University of Tokyo is the leading institution for research and education in Japan, offering many programs spanning various disciplines.
- Waseda University – A prestigious private institution, Waseda has a legacy of nurturing leaders in numerous fields and boasts a strong international presence.
- Keio University – Japan’s oldest private institution, is celebrated for its commitment to innovation and global initiatives.
- Tokyo Metropolitan College of Industrial Technology – Known for shaping professionals ready for industry challenges, this college has various technical programs.
- Tokyo College of Music – The oldest music school in Japan, this college has fostered numerous notable artists in the music scene.
Tokyo High Schools
- Nada High School – Nada is known for its rigorous academic programs, extensive extracurriculars, and a tradition of excellence.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Kokusai High School – This school is lauded for its international perspective, offering a global curriculum and exchange programs.
- Hibiya High School – Located in central Tokyo, Hibiya offers diverse programs to foster holistic growth in students, ensuring they are prepared for global challenges.
How to advertise on the Tokyo metro and public transportation?
Navigating through Tokyo’s bustling maze of train lines, subways, buses, taxis, and bicycle routes can seem daunting, but it offers a significant advantage for advertisers. With the Tokyo Metro alone accommodating millions of daily boardings, the potential to reach a wide and diverse audience is unparalleled. For businesses looking to tap into the rich advertising potential of Tokyo’s public transportation system, there’s an array of options to consider. Whether it’s Tokyo Metro advertising, Tokyo Bus advertising, Tokyo taxi advertising, or any other facet of Tokyo’s vast transportation network, our team at AdvertiseMint is here to help. From engaging displays at major hubs like Shinjuku and Shibuya stations to interactive QR codes in taxis or strategically placed ads on the Yamanote line, there’s a format tailor-made for every brand and campaign. If you’re keen on harnessing the power of Tokyo’s transportation system to bolster your brand’s presence, reach out to AdvertiseMint. Let’s craft a transport advertising strategy that propels your business in Tokyo and beyond.
How to advertise on the radio in Tokyo?
Tokyo’s radio landscape is vast and varied, with stations such as J-WAVE, TOKYO FM, InterFM, TBS Radio, and Radio Nippon providing daily content that reaches millions of listeners. Whether locals commute via the bustling metro or relax at home, radio remains a cherished medium connecting businesses to potential customers in real time. Taking advantage of radio advertising in Tokyo offers businesses a unique chance to connect with audiences in a personal and immersive listening environment. Radio ads here can be tailored to specific stations, show genres, and peak listening hours; moreover, with the advent of digital streaming services like Line Music, AWA, and Rakuten.FM advertisers can enjoy added flexibility, targeting listeners based on location, preferred genres, specific interests, and even certain demographic criteria. If you’re envisioning a powerful radio advertising campaign that resonates with Tokyo’s diverse audience, AdvertiseMint is here to assist. Our dedicated team will guide you through every step — from strategy formulation to creative execution — ensuring that your brand message reaches and engages the Tokyo populace effectively. Let’s tune into success together in Tokyo’s vibrant radio advertising space.
How much does billboard advertising cost in Tokyo?
Whether strolling through the bustling Shibuya crossing, the upscale districts of Ginza and Roppongi, or commuting along major thoroughfares like Route 246 or the Shuto Expressway, billboards are integral to Tokyo’s urban landscape. In Tokyo, most billboards are managed by industry behemoths like Recruit, Dentsu, and Hakuhodo DY Media Partners. The typical cost of billboards in Tokyo falls between ¥500,000 to ¥5,000,000 per month, largely determined by the site’s foot traffic, prominence, and overall demand. For advertisers seeking more economical options, many billboard companies offer remnant spaces or more budget-friendly choices, especially if there’s flexibility regarding the billboard’s position and display duration. If you aim to launch billboard campaigns for your enterprise in Tokyo, the AdvertiseMint team stands ready to help. We can assist in devising the perfect strategy, selecting the most suitable locations, ensuring that your campaigns are flawlessly executed, and securing a substantial return on investment.
What are the most popular restaurants in Tokyo?
Tokyo is a gourmet paradise renowned for its eclectic mix of traditional Japanese eateries, contemporary fusion restaurants, izakayas, ramen joints, and global chains. Given this diverse culinary landscape, advertising for restaurants in Tokyo demands a nuanced approach. The goal is to attract a blend of locals, expatriates, tourists, and professionals frequenting the city. Effective restaurant advertising hinges on understanding the factors that drive customers – location, unique offerings, promotions, pricing, and the buzz people generate on platforms like Tabelog, TripAdvisor, and Google. If you want to elevate your restaurant’s presence in the Tokyo landscape, don’t hesitate to connect with AdvertiseMint for expert guidance. For context, here are some of the most celebrated restaurants in Tokyo:
- Sukiyabashi Jiro: Located in Ginza, this legendary sushi restaurant became globally recognized after the documentary “Jiro Dreams of Sushi.” Founded by Jiro Ono, it’s renowned for its exquisite omakase menu.
- Tonkatsu Maisen: A beloved institution for tonkatsu (breaded pork cutlets), Maisen is known for its juicy and tender meat with a crispy exterior. It has various branches across Tokyo, with the original in Omotesando.
- Tsuta Ramen: Located in Sugamo, this is the world’s first Michelin-starred ramen eatery, lauded for its soy-based broth and delicate noodles.
- Kyubey: Found in Ginza, Kyubey is an iconic spot for sushi, offering a traditional Edomae-style sushi experience in an intimate setting.
- Gyuan: Situated in Harajuku, Gyuan is famous for its impeccable yakiniku (grilled meat) offerings, where patrons can enjoy a variety of cuts.
- Rokurinsha: Nestled within Tokyo Ramen Street in Tokyo Station, Rokurinsha is a must-visit for tsukemen, where noodles are dipped in a rich, flavorful broth.
- Kanda: A three Michelin-starred establishment, Chef Kanda’s dishes beautifully encapsulate seasonal ingredients and traditional techniques.
- Fuunji: In Shinjuku, Fuunji is renowned for its tsukemen and shoyu ramen, attracting locals and tourists alike with its deep, fish-based broth.
- Toriki: A popular yakitori joint in Kinshicho, Toriki serves skewered chicken parts, each grilled to perfection and paired with a cold beer.
Top 10 things to do when you visit Tokyo?
With Tokyo attracting millions of tourists worldwide each year, targeting advertisements for these visitors becomes crucial. This applies across various sectors, such as attractions, cultural experiences, accommodations, dining, transport, etc. It’s paramount for businesses to craft a tailored advertising strategy aimed at individuals exploring a particular region. Several paid social ad platforms allow businesses to specifically target those currently in a given location but not residing there. Capitalizing on this ever-renewing visitor demographic can provide a lucrative revenue stream for local enterprises. If you need assistance with your hotel promotions, tourism marketing, or transportation advertisements in the Tokyo area, reach out to AdvertiseMint for more insights. For your reference, here are some top attractions and activities in Tokyo:
- Tokyo Skytree – Standing tall at 634 meters, it’s the tallest tower in Japan offering panoramic views of the sprawling city.
- Asakusa & Senso-ji Temple – A historic area famous for its ancient Buddhist temple, bustling shopping street, and traditional atmosphere.
- Shibuya Crossing – Experience the world’s busiest pedestrian crossing and feel the pulse of Tokyo’s urban heart.
- Tsukiji Outer Market – While the inner wholesale market has moved to Toyosu, the outer market remains a paradise for seafood lovers.
- Akihabara – The mecca for electronics and otaku culture, it’s a haven for fans of anime, manga, and gadgets.
- Meiji Shrine – A serene Shinto shrine set amidst tranquil forests, offering a peaceful respite from Tokyo’s hustle and bustle.
- Odaiba – A man-made island in Tokyo Bay with a range of attractions, shopping malls, and entertainment facilities.
- Roppongi Hills – A modern cultural complex featuring museums, upscale shops, and a panoramic observation deck.
- Attend a Sumo Match – If the timing is right, watch a sumo wrestling match at the Ryogoku Kokugikan and get immersed in Japan’s ancient sport.
- Harajuku Takeshita Street – Dive into the epicenter of Tokyo’s youth fashion, filled with trendy boutiques and quirky shops.
Popular social media accounts in Tokyo you need to follow.
Staying socially connected in the digital age can immerse you in the heart and soul of a city. Diving into paid social ads situates your brand amidst the relevant and engaging content Tokyoites are actively interacting with. For those eager to stay updated on all things Tokyo, here’s a compilation of essential Tokyo-based social media accounts:
- @TimeOutTokyo – The official account for Time Out Tokyo, it covers everything from local events, food, arts, and entertainment in the city.
- @Tokyo_gov – The official account of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, providing news and updates about the city’s policies, events, and more.
- @Tokyo2020 – Initially set up for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, this account shared updates, news, and highlights from the Games. It remains a good reference for looking back at the event.
- @The_Japan_News – The Japan News by Yomiuri Shimbun offers English updates on Japanese news, including many stories from Tokyo.
- @TokyoFashion – A very popular account that features street fashion portraits from Harajuku, Shibuya, and other areas in Tokyo.
Complete Tokyo real estate advertising and neighborhood guide.
Targeted advertising is essential to resonate with each neighborhood’s unique demographics and psychographics. Understanding the Tokyo neighborhoods is crucial whether you’re considering digital channels such as paid social ads, search ads, platforms like Google and Yelp, or even local offline avenues like direct mail or local broadcasting. For a more detailed guide or specific advertising strategies per area, please reach out to AdvertiseMint.
- Shibuya – A bustling district known for its iconic pedestrian crossing, it’s a hub for shopping, entertainment, and the latest trends. A must-visit for many tourists, Shibuya also houses major tech and advertising agencies.
- Shinjuku – A blend of modern skyscrapers and traditional nooks, Shinjuku boasts bustling nightlife, government buildings, and the expansive Shinjuku Gyoen park. A mix of local and international crowds frequents it.
- Ginza – Tokyo’s upscale shopping district, Ginza is synonymous with luxury. High-end boutiques, art galleries, and gourmet dining spots define this area, attracting an affluent audience.
- Roppongi – Known for its vibrant nightlife and international ambiance, Roppongi is home to numerous bars, nightclubs, and the prominent Roppongi Hills complex.
- Asakusa – Rooted in tradition, Asakusa’s historic Sensō-ji Temple and Nakamise Street, lined with stalls selling traditional goods, offer a taste of old Tokyo.
- Harajuku – A cultural center for Tokyo’s youth, Harajuku is all about eccentric fashion, quirky shops, and the Takeshita Street, always bustling with youngsters flaunting their unique styles.
- Odaiba – A futuristic entertainment hub on a man-made island, Odaiba has a range of attractions from shopping malls to tech exhibitions and offers a panoramic view of Tokyo’s skyline across the Rainbow Bridge.
Complete guide to annual events in Tokyo.
For brands and advertisers aiming to capitalize on Tokyo’s vibrant event calendar, understanding and strategizing for these events can significantly elevate campaign results. Initiating your promotional activities anywhere from two to nine months in advance, depending on the event’s magnitude and expected audience, can optimize your reach. If event marketing or sponsorship in Tokyo is on your horizon, reach out to Advertisemint, and our seasoned advertising experts will gladly assist you.
- New Year’s Sunrise (Hatsuhinode) – January – It’s a tradition in Japan to watch the first sunrise of the year, with many spots around Tokyo offering breathtaking views of the event.
- Tokyo Marathon – March – This major annual marathon draws both elite and amateur runners from around the world, spanning the city’s iconic landmarks.
- Cherry Blossom Festivals (Hanami) – March/April – Viewing cherry blossoms is a time-honored Japanese tradition. Tokyo’s parks, such as Ueno and Shinjuku Gyoen, brim with locals and tourists enjoying the fleeting beauty.
- Golden Week – Late April to Early May – A collection of four national holidays within seven days, making it one of the busiest holiday seasons in Japan.
- Sumida River Fireworks Festival – July – A historic fireworks event that dates back to the Edo period, drawing massive crowds along the Sumida River.
- Tokyo International Film Festival – October – A premier film festival that showcases both international and Japanese films in various genres.
- Ginza Fashion Week – October – This is Tokyo’s prime fashion event, showcasing both established and upcoming designers in the heart of the city’s luxury shopping district.
- Design Tokyo – November – An annual trade show featuring innovative design products from all over Japan.
- Tokyo Game Show – September – Asia’s most prominent video game expo, attracting companies and fans from around the world.
- Winter Illuminations – December – Various Tokyo districts, such as Roppongi Hills, Odaiba, and Marunouchi, get adorned with dazzling light displays, drawing numerous visitors and creating a magical ambiance.
- Emperor’s Birthday – December – Celebrated at the Imperial Palace with public access to its inner grounds, it’s a significant event marking the reigning emperor’s birthday.
How to advertise a professional service business in Tokyo?
Tokyo, with its sprawling urban landscape and a multitude of businesses, presents both opportunities and challenges for professional service providers. Whether you’re an attorney, medical practitioner, dental specialist, construction expert, financial consultant, or operate in fields like catering, event management, plumbing, electronics, woodworking, building maintenance, waste management, or security solutions, making your mark is vital. Given Tokyo’s vast number of similar service providers, carving out a niche becomes paramount. Ensure you establish a strong online presence with local listings on platforms like Google My Business and Tabelog. Additionally, investing in paid advertisements can be beneficial to ensure your service appears at the forefront when potential clients search. Leveraging paid search and social ads can provide potential clients with a visual insight into the quality and professionalism your business offers in the Tokyo region. If you’re looking for assistance in promoting your service-oriented business in Tokyo, don’t hesitate to contact Advertisemint. Our team of advertising specialists is here to guide and support your journey to business success.
Tokyo government advertising
In Tokyo, myriad municipal and government bodies have specific advertising and marketing needs. If you are an aspiring politician in Tokyo or are associated with a Tokyo-based government agency and require assistance with marketing strategies, advertisement campaigns, or creative pursuits like videos, graphics, or photography, AdvertiseMint is here to assist. We can help draft a solid strategy, ensure adherence to governmental guidelines, optimally position your media, and deliver the vital KPIs crucial for achieving success and garnering a tangible return on investment. For your convenience, here are some of the primary government resources for Tokyo:
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government Official Website
- Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Tokyo Governor’s Office
- Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly
- Tokyo Metropolitan Central Library
- Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department
- Tokyo Fire Department
- Tokyo Disaster Management Office
- Tokyo Small and Medium Enterprise Support Center
- Tokyo Bureau of Waterworks
- Tokyo Metropolitan Park Association
- Bureau of Transportation, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Tokyo Bureau of Sewerage
- Bureau of Taxation, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Public Health
What is the Best Tokyo Ad Agency?
We believe AdvertiseMint is the best Tokyo advertising agency. AdvertiseMint brings a full team of advertising experts that include account managers, media buyers, copywriters, and creative experts in video production, video editing, photography, graphic design, and data analysis to ensure our metrics are being met. We would love the opportunity to help grow your business.
Disclaimer: AdvertiseMint is an advertising agency that provides advertising and marketing services to businesses located in Tokyo. The details provided on this page are for informational purposes and to help explain the services we provide for our clients. AdvertiseMint has no affiliation or exclusive partnerships with the city of Tokyo, tourist locations, government divisions, sports teams, educational institutions, annual events, restaurants, or other businesses mentioned on this page.