Performance-based marketing to grow your Non Profit company.
What is Non Profit Marketing?
The average Non-Profit business in the United States makes $1.5 million per year in revenue. Non-profit marketing is promoting the business to increase that number or removing obstacles causing the ROI to be low. This can include paid social ads, paid search ads, local ads, radio ads, TV ads, or traditional ads.
Most Non-Profit foundations need help with various factors, such as an expensive workforce, finding adequate experts in each area, producing new creative content fast enough, and overseeing all aspects of their digital marketing efficiently. Let our team of Non profit digital marketing and advertising experts manage the groundwork it takes to grow your Non-profit foundation. If you want to increase sales for your Non-profit business, please contact AdvertiseMint.
“Every Non-profit foundation pays for advertising. You either pay for advertising or you pay in lost revenue to your competitors.” – Brian Meert, CEO, ADVERTISEMINT.
Popular Ways to Increase Revenue for Non Profit Companies.
The non-profit industry, driven by its noble mission to create change and make a difference, often grapples with the challenge of fundraising and generating consistent revenue. While the core of a non-profit lies in its cause, ensuring sustainable financial inflow is paramount for its continued success. Here are five pivotal factors that can significantly influence revenue generation in the non-profit sector:
- Diversified Funding Streams: Relying on a single source of funding, like government grants or individual donations, can be risky for any non-profit. To ensure financial stability, organizations should diversify their revenue streams. This could include hosting annual galas, establishing a foundation specifically for funding, or partnering with businesses for corporate social responsibility initiatives. Such varied sources not only provide a safety net during lean times but also open doors to larger pools of potential donors.
- Effective Digital Presence: In the age of technology, having a strong online presence is non-negotiable. An engaging website, active social media channels, and online fundraising platforms can dramatically increase visibility and donations. Virtual events or webinars can also attract a wider audience and sponsors from across the globe.
- Engaging Storytelling: The power of a compelling story can’t be emphasized enough. Sharing success stories, testimonials, or impact reports can deeply resonate with potential donors. A foundation, through its narratives, can effectively convey the change it’s championing, motivating more people to contribute.
- Strengthening Community Ties: Hosting community events, workshops, or galas can significantly boost a non-profit’s local visibility and reputation. Such events not only serve as fundraising opportunities but also help in fostering relationships with local businesses, schools, and other organizations. Collaborative events or programs can lead to joint funding initiatives and community-driven support.
- Transparent Financial Reporting: Trust plays a monumental role in the decision to donate. Non-profits that regularly publish clear and transparent financial reports assure donors that their contributions are being used judiciously. By demonstrating fiscal responsibility and showcasing tangible results, foundations can build long-lasting relationships with their donor base.
Non-Profit Industry facts
Average Revenue for Non-Profit Industry: $276.72 billion
Average Employees for Non-Profit Business: 10
Average Growth Rate for Non-Profit Industry: 3.6%
Total number of Non-Profit foundations: 1.5 million
Average CPC on Google for the Non-Profit Industry: $1.20
Non-profit Paid Social Ads
Paid social is a powerful way to help reach consumers interested in non-profit services. Paid social allows you to get a wide range of people and then target your ads based on key attributes like age, gender, location, interest, and behaviors or using custom and lookalike audiences. Paid social ads are the leading advertising option to reach consumers on mobile devices. Paid social is also typically less expensive than other forms of advertising, making it a powerful combination. However, the pricing for paid social can increase as you get more targeted or if your ads appear irrelevant by the ad platform algorithm. The most popular paid social ad platforms are:
- Non-profit Facebook Advertising
- Non-profit Instagram Advertising
- Non-profit TikTok Advertising
- Non-profit Snapchat Advertising
- Non-profit LinkedIn Advertising
- Non-profit YouTube Advertising
- Non-profit Twitter Advertising
- Non-profit Reddit Advertising
- Non-profit Pinterest Advertising
Non-profit Paid Search Ads
Paid search is the most efficient way to reach consumers actively searching for non-profit products or services. Consumers often search the internet for questions about where they are in the buying cycle. A general search would indicate they are just beginning to research companies. A specific search would suggest the consumer is knowledgeable and close to selecting or purchasing. Non-profit advertisers can bid specifically on the most valuable keywords for their business, which helps them appear above their competitors for the most profitable keywords. Paid search ads are generally used for lead generation, local awareness, or e-commerce. Paid search ads can also be run on YouTube, where your business can advertise a specific video to appear first when consumers search on particular keywords or for competitors. The most famous non-profit paid search ads are:
- Non-profit Google Ads
- Non-profit YouTube Ads
- Non-profit Microsoft Ads
- Non-profit Amazon Ads
- Non-profit Wal-Mart Ads
Non-profit Local Ads
Local ads are essential for non-profit foundations and are often overlooked because of the focus on larger ad platforms. Local ads allow you to reach customers near your business and offer them a reason to visit your business instead of your competitors. Local digital ads typically include promotions, deals, or coupons and often align with your current business reviews on that platform. This means having excellent customer service and reputation management to help grow your five-star reviews. Other physical ads like billboards, digital billboards, bus, and metro ads allow you to ensure you are reaching customers located in your targeted area. The cost to get a new local customer is often tiny compared to the lifetime value that customer will bring to your business. The most popular local ads for non-profit companies are:
- Non-profit Facebook Ads
- Non-profit Google Local Ads
- Non-profit Yelp Ads
- Non-profit Nextdoor Ads
- Non-profit Billboard Advertising
- Non-profit Metro Ads
- Non-profit Bus Ads
Non-profit Radio Ads
Radio ads allow non-profit foundations to reach a captive audience, often listening while commuting in the car, at the gym, or working. Radio ads will enable you to talk directly to your customers and present. Radio ads are fixed in length and cannot be skipped, ensuring your audience will hear your message. Due to the passive nature of radio listeners, it’s essential to have optimized audio creatives and a significant enough ad budget to ensure that the average listener is reached at the recommended frequency. It’s recommended when possible to use the radio personality to read your ads as they have built Some of the most popular non-profit radio advertising options are:
- Non-profit Local iHeartRadio Ads
- Non-profit Spotify Ads
- Non-profit Pandora Ads
- Non-profit Podcast Ads
- Non-profit National Radio Advertising
- Non-profit Talk Radio Advertising
Non-profit Direct Mail
Direct Mail can be a powerful tool for non-profit foundations to reach new and existing customers. With the increase of online advertising, direct mail can often be a hidden gem regarding going people inside their inboxes with targeted messages. Direct mail can be sent in mass with new automation tools and personalized before sending. The cost of direct mail often depends on the size of the mail (postcard vs. full-size letter envelope), and while postage can be purchased at bulk rates, it is still a rising cost to be considered. If you are interested in learning more about how your company can send out Direct Mail, please contact AdvertiseMint, and our team would be more than happy to walk you through the options.
Non-profit TV Ads
There are several things that non-profit foundations should be aware of when running TV ads. TV advertising for foundations can be targeted to users locally, which is perfect for a company with just one location, or can be shown on a DMA, state, or national level for companies with multiple locations. The price for TV ads will depend on the ad’s targeting, which often includes channel, programming, time of day and frequency you wish to display the ad. If you have exact requirements, expect to pay more. Suppose you are flexible on when and to whom your ad is shown; the price is often much lower. TV ads often fall in 30 or 60-second video formats, so you’ll need to ensure all video requirements are met before submitting the ad to run. Best practices commonly include high-resolution visuals, apparent product features and benefits, testimonials, an enticing offer, and a clear call to action, including a phone number or website for the consumers to visit. There are also options for paid programming, including 30-minute or 60-minute segments played without interruption, typically between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. If you are interested in TV advertising for your non-profit company, please contact AdvertiseMint for more details and pricing.
How vital are reputation management and online reviews for non-profit companies?
Every non-profit foundation knows online reviews are essential for sales growth. In a digital world, online reviews on Google Local, Yelp, and many rating websites are used by your customers to validate your business and the products or services you provide. Most of the review sites will penalize you if you try to solicit reviews for your industry actively. However, a variety of strategies can be used to help ensure your online reputation is safe from negative thoughts. In addition, you’ll need a plan to praise five-star reviews while professionally addressing lower reviews, which potential customers often read. If you want to improve your total online reviews and average rating and help lower negative articles on your company from the organic search engine rankings, please contact AdvertiseMint to talk more.
Frequently asked questions about Non-Profit advertising and digital marketing.
Who is the best Non-Profit advertising agency?
Advertisemint is the best Non-profit marketing agency. Our Non-Profit advertising expert team has proven experience in the Non-Profit industry. We bring a full-service team of expert account managers, copywriters, graphic designers, video editors, and media buyers ready to help you implement your marketing strategy and grow your Non-Profit business.