Do you want to know how to block a sound on TikTok?
Sounds are one of TikTok’s best features. However, unwanted sounds can disrupt your viewing experience. Hence, you need to know how to keep unwanted sounds from your feed.
This blog post will explain how to block a sound on TikTok.
Can I Block a Sound on TikTok?
TikTok doesn’t have a built-in feature to block specific sounds completely. However, you can notify TikTok’s algorithm that you don’t want a sound on your feed. The more times you notify the algorithm you aren’t in a sound, the lesser the chances of it appearing on your feed.
How To Block a Sound on TikTok in 5 Steps
Follow these steps to block a TikTok sound from your “for you” page:
- Open your TikTok app on your smartphone.
- Tap and hold the video with the TikTok sound you don’t want to hear.
- Once the pop-up menu appears, select the “Not interested” icon.
- A notification of “We’ll show fewer videos like this” on the next videos featured in your TikTok.
- After you repeat the steps above, the TikTok algorithm will learn that you don’t want to hear the same sound on your feed.
Final Thought on “How To Block a Sound on TikTok”
Though you can’t block a sound directly, you can show TikTok that you aren’t interested in it. Do this repeatedly to ensure it doesn’t appear on your feed. We have explained the process in the guide above.
Do you want to maximize your TikTok marketing campaign? Team up with the best TikTok advertising agency now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make my own custom sound on TikTok?
Yes, you can create your original sounds on TikTok by recording and uploading the customized sound.
Where can I access the sound library on TikTok?
You can access the sound library in three ways on TikTok:
- By searching directly on the search bar.
- By adding sound effects to your TikTok video content.
- Clicking the recording soundtrack at the lower-right side on your TikTok screen on your phone.
Where can I find trending sounds on TikTok?
You can find the trending sounds on TikTok by tapping the search bar and typing “Viral sounds” to find and use all the trending sounds on TikTok.