Please stay alert when it comes to your data, social media accounts, ad accounts and business page access.
AdvertiseMint has been alerted to an ongoing phishing scam involving fake Facebook accounts claiming to be employees of AdvertiseMint that will request to post on your page in exchange for a cash payment. You can read more about it here. These scammers often target business pages that are located outside of the United States that have large followings. They generally communicate via the Messenger app. They request admin access to your business page and then immediately remove your access and claim the page for themselves. They often become angry with you and threathen to cancel the cash offer if you do not move quickly and do what they ask. You should never provide anyone with admin access to your ad account or business page that you do not know or trust. We have spoken directly with the team at Facebook regarding this issue. They have informed us to instruct people affected to report these individuals by linking to their profile page on Facebook and clicking “Report”. This alerts Facebook to the fraudulent account and will lead to its removal. It also helps prevent others from being taken advantage of with the same scam. If your account has already been affected and you’ve provided access, you will need to contact Facebook directly via chat or support request at facebook.com/business/help. The process to get your page back can take weeks to months. To speed up the process, please gather as much information as you can (dates, messages, screenshots, location, emails, etc) that prove you are the correct owner of the business page or ad accounts.
AdvertiseMint will NEVER:
- Contact you from an email that does not end in an official @advertisemint.com domain.
- Contact you for a business opportunity that involves being paid cash for posting on your social media business page.
- Request access to your accounts without first working with our sales team and signing a contract.
Best Practices to Avoid Phishing Scams:
- Always verify any statements or claims of cash payouts directly with the company.
- Do not rush with any transactions that offer money or compensation in exchange for a quick action.
- Ask the person to send you an email from the official business email account.
- It the offer sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Always double check.
- Ensure the number they are calling you from is the official company phone number.
To get more information or to confirm if the person who contacted you is an AdvertiseMint employee, please Contact Us and include all details and any screenshots.