What Does a Current Balance Mean on Facebook?
The current balance on your ad account works similarly to the way balances function in other settings. It is the total amount that you have been accruing on the ads that you have been running that you haven’t yet paid. It is automatically cleared after you paid the amount according to the settings you set up. Different ad accounts can be set up with different payment settings. You can pay with a credit card, debit card, or Paypal.
This is different from your payment history, however. If you want to see your payment history, navigate to the transaction history under the billing tab. There you would be able to see everything from the amount that you paid to when you paid it. You can also easily download it and keep it for your business records.
From the billing sections of your Ads Manager Facebook account, you’ll be able to see the total report and history of your charges and when they are next due.
Can You Promote Other Posts if You Have an Outstanding Balance?
There are a lot of settings that you can navigate to avoid ever having an outstanding balance on your Facebook Ads Manager. Managing ad campaigns can already get so stressful, the last thing you want to worry about is your account freezing due to a silly mistake in regards to your billing threshold. While you can always contact Facebook if you run into any trouble, this is especially hectic if you are managing multiple ad clients who want to see their ad runs.
If there is an outstanding unpaid balance on your account, then that means your account is unsettled. When your account is unsettled, you can not run any other ads. To fix this issue, pay your balance by adding a new payment method and then clicking update campaign.
Sharon McCutcheon / Unsplash
How do I Work Manual Payments Successfully?
If you have trouble working your way through a billing threshold, consider a prepaid ad account. This is considered a manual payment method (keep in mind that this kind of payment method is not able to have a billing threshold). All you would have to do is have the admin of the account regularly add funds to your account that would get automatically deducted on your Facebook account. You would be able to do this under the payments section of your Ads Manager account.
How to check the Current Balance?
Checking your Facebook Current Balance is a simple process that allows you to monitor the funds available for your advertising campaigns. Follow these steps to check your Current Balance:
- Log into Your Facebook Business Manager: Visit the Facebook Business Manager website and log in using your business account credentials.
- Access the Ads Manager: Once logged in, click on the “Business Settings” in the top right corner, and then select “Ads Manager” from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to Billing: In the Ads Manager, click on the “Billing” tab located in the left-hand menu.
- View Your Balance: Under the “Billing” section, you will see your Current Balance displayed prominently. This figure represents the remaining funds available for your advertising campaigns.
- Monitor Your Spending: Below your Current Balance, you will find information about your transaction history, including the date, amount spent, and description. This history provides insight into how your Current Balance has been utilized.
Effective Budget Management
Now that your funds are in place, it’s time to strategically allocate them for optimal impact. Campaign budgets play a pivotal role in this endeavor. When setting budgets, consider your campaign objectives, audience size, and the duration of your campaign.
Are you aiming for brand awareness, conversions, or engagement? Tailoring your budget to your goals ensures that your Current Balance is utilized in a manner that aligns with your overarching marketing strategy.
Budget pacing is another essential aspect of effective budget management. You have the power to evenly distribute your budget across your campaign’s duration or allocate more funds to specific time frames, optimizing your ad delivery for peak performance.
Monitoring and Optimization: Keeping Your Current Balance in Check
As your campaigns unfold, vigilance becomes your ally. Regularly monitor key metrics like click-through rates (CTR), cost-per-click (CPC), and conversions. These insights provide valuable insights on the performance of your campaigns, indicating where your Current Balance is making the most impact and where adjustments may be needed.
Moreover, for optimization test ads variations. A/B testing is a toolkit that enables you to experiment with different creatives, targeting options, and ad formats. By fine-tuning your campaigns based on real-time data, you ensure that your Current Balance is channeled into efforts that yield the greatest results.
Practical Tips to Manage Current Balance
- Regular Audits and Analysis: Conduct periodic audits of your Current Balance usage. Identify trends, patterns, and successful strategies that can guide future campaigns.
- Experiment and Diversify: Don’t be afraid to step into uncharted waters. Experiment with different targeting options, ad formats, and audience segments. A well-diversified approach ensures your Current Balance is employed with versatility and innovation.
By understanding your Facebook Current Balance, you can make sure that you are not overspending on your ads and that you have enough money available to reach your target audience.
What is the Current Balance?
Facebook Current Balance is the amount of money that is available to spend on Facebook ads. It is calculated based on your ad spend and your credit card limit.
How do I check my Current Balance?
You can check your Facebook Current Balance through your Facebook Ads Manager or your Facebook Business Manager. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to your Facebook Ads Manager or Facebook Business Manager.
- Click on the “Billing” tab.
- Under “Current Balance,” you will see your current balance and your credit card limit.
What happens if I run out of Current Balance?
If you run out of Facebook Current Balance, you cannot create new ads until you have added more money to your account. If you are running a campaign that is going to cost more than your current balance, Facebook will automatically charge your credit card.
How can I increase my Current Balance?
There are a few ways to increase your Facebook Current Balance:
- You can add more money to your account by going to your Facebook Ads Manager and clicking on the “Billing” tab. Under “Payment Methods,” click on “Add a Payment Method.”
- You can request a credit from Facebook. Go to Facebook Ads Manager and click on the “Billing” tab. Under “Credits,” click on “Request a Credit.”
- Use a credit card that offers rewards for Facebook ad spending. These cards can help you to save money on your Facebook ads and get some extra rewards in the process.
What are the benefits of managing my Facebook Current Balance effectively?
There are a number of benefits to managing your Facebook Current Balance effectively:
- You can avoid overspending on your Facebook ads.
- You can ensure you have enough money available to reach your target audience.
- You can get the most out of your Facebook ads by ensuring you are not running too expensive campaigns.
- You can avoid having your ads paused or stopped due to insufficient funds.
- You can improve your credit score by using a credit card that offers rewards for Facebook ad spending.