The 2017 Facebook Award winners are in! Facebook announced last week the winners of this year’s categories: Laugh, Cry, Wow, Love, and Act. The network chose Facebook advertising creatives that best evoked a strong emotional response from audiences in these categories.
According to Facebook Business, Love was the most popular category this year, making up 49% of all submissions. This is great, considering who wouldn’t want a Love reaction on their Facebook ads. Additionally, Messenger Bots—particularly in Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, and North America submissions—were prominent in top-scoring campaigns.
Winners were placed into two lists: Global Winners and Shortlist Winners (campaigns created by small businesses).
Here’s a list of the Global Winners:
Campaigns That Evoked Action
- “Anonymous Friend” by J. Walter Thompson for Alcoholics Anonymous
- “Careculator” by R/GA for jet.com
- “Hungerithm” by Clemenger BBDO for Snickers
- “MashiMachine” by Leo Burnett Mexico for 4pelagatos
- “The Adventures of Little Brush Big Brush” by R/GA London for Unilever–Signal
- “Your Name Saves” by Leo Burnett for Donate Life America
Campaigns That Evoked Tears
- “IWelcome-Live” by DDB&tribal for Amnesty International
- “Evan” by BBDO New York for Sandy Hook Promise
- “The DNA Journey” by momondo A/S
Campaigns That Evoked Love
- “All That We Share” by TV 2 Danmark A/S
- “Playstation Search for Greatness” by BBH New York for Sony
- “Pocket Patrol” by Leo Burnett for Samsung Australia
- “We Are Here” by Airbnb
Campaigns That Evoked Laughter
- “Facebook Not Live” by Barton F Graf for Tomcat Rodent Control
- “Litbaits” by Dieste for The Wild Detectives
- “Little Caesars Facebook Surprises” by Barton F Graf for Little Caesars
- “Shoes: Impossible” by TBWA KOREA for ABC-MART Korea
- “Spanish Lessons” by Alma DDB for Netflix
Campaigns That Evoked Awe
- “#comeonin” by DDB for Sydney Opera House
- “InstantDJ” by BBDO New York for Bacardi
- “Made in a Minute” by BBDO New York for Lowe’s
- “Mr. Robot Season 2 Digital Launch” by ISL for USA Network
- “Out of Office Travelogue” by The Monkeys Ltd for Qantas
The Shortlist Winners are also listed on the Facebook Awards website.
Congratulations to all winners on their powerful creative messages!